Chapter XXV : Don't Love Me

Listen to Something to Remind You by Staind.

Kindly insert your playlist here.

Elaine's P.O.V

Flashback :

Thea walked in eyes wide at the position we were. Her fists were clenched tightly at her sides and her face red with anger.

I loved it. It brought me a desirable satisfaction.

"What-t the actual fuck?"

Rowan stood up, a smirk on his face.

"What's wrong, Thea?" He asked her.

She looked at me with a glare but I only smirked at her.
She scoffed and opened the front door again and left.

End of flashback

I curled my fingers around the bouquet. Happiness flowed through me, warming my skin like the rays of an early summer sun.

My customary cautious grin exploded into a radiant smile that I had never worn before, not even as a small girl.

I looked at the side of my shoulder, my eyes scanning over Rowan's black tuxedo. It was tieless, his collar neatly fixed and his hair messily styled but shining as a wet raven's feathers.

"I now announce you, husband and wife. You may kiss the bride."

I suddenly got nervous. I know I've kissed him before and all, but this was different. A new feeling. He was officially mine now.

He turned around with a slight smirk, his hands wrapped around my curvy waist and pulled me close to his chest.

Since he was six feet tall-means much taller than me- I looked up and for the first time, he gently caressed his lips with mine. I felt his tongue glide with mine for a short time. Then he pulled away, keeping his arm around my waist, we stepped down the stairs and went to the dancing floor.

"Now, the bride and the groom's Dance."

I placed my hands around his neck, his hands firmly and tightly went down to my hips, as I leaned my forehead on his, moving to the slow beat of the music.

My white long dress span around in the air and for a short moment I envisaged myself as a princess as Rowan span me around and I landed in his arms, my back pressed against his chest.