Chapter 2 - The Arrival

I wake up to the sound of my annoying alarm going off on my phone. I lean over and turn it off, having to stop myself pressing snooze.

I attempt to sit up but when I do, I immediately regret it so I lie back down. My head is actually killing me, this legit has to be the worst hangover I've ever had. I don't think I could have a worse headache or sorer stomach than I do right now.

It's great that I have one of the worst hangovers in my life on the day I'm travelling for hours and hours.

SHIT!

I pick up my phone to see the time. I also realise that I slept through my alarm for 40 minutes. How is that even possible?

I jump out of bed before running to the bathroom, When I look in the mirror, I see this weird messed up paint all over my face. Legit scribbles and weird writing all over it, in bright colours.

Better find out why that's there later, but right now I need to have the quickest shower of my life.

Unfortunately getting up and having a shower did not make me feel any better.

Once out the shower, I braid my soaking wet hair to the side, get dressed in to my skinny grey joggers, a thin cropped white jumper and my black and white high top converse. Which make me so annoyed when I'm trying to tie them.

I pack up my remaining items that I'm taking in to one of my big suitcases that had been left upstairs. I also pack my hand luggage, thankfully I made a list earlier of what I would need to pack in that bag so I'm not nervous about forgetting anything.

I get downstairs and my mum and dad are moaning at me to hurry up and telling me that I'm 30 minutes late, if I was so late why did they not bother walking up the stairs and waking me up?

I have to get a plane from here down to London then London to America, so if I miss my first flight I will definitely miss the second. We all pile in my dads car with my luggage and then head to the airport.

We arrive at the airport just 10 minutes before check in closes, close call. Me and my parents say our goodbyes outside of the airport. We all wipe the few tears from our eyes, I hug them both once more and while hugging my mum, my dad brings over a trolley for my many suitcases.

They wave goodbye as I turn to walk in to the airport doors, trying to not crash this stupid trolley in to anyone. I check in all my bags so thankfully I'm only left with my hand luggage.

I go through security and by the time that's over I only have half an hour before my flight down to London leaves. I head to the food court and grab a fruit salad and of bottle of water. Usually I'd order the biggest meal but with this hangover I don't think I can keep anything down.

I take a seat next to the windows that face the planes outside. I realise that I hadn't even spoke to my friends since last night since I was so late this morning. I take out my phone to discover I have multiple texts.

Mum - 4
Dad - 3
Matthew - 3
Clara - 2
Ava - 6
Mia - 3

And I also had messages from the person who tried to phone me. I delete they messages straight away and then go on to reply to whoever I had to. I then try phone all the girls but have no luck so I phone Matthew.

"Hey, how's my little drinker this fine morning?"

"Worst hangover I think I've ever had. Where are all the girls?" I ask while trying to get comfortable.

"Still asleep considering how early it is. I'm going to guess you're phoning to find out what happened last night?"

"Wait so why are you up? and yes." Even though I am quite nervous to find out what happened considering I'm a terrible drunk. Not sad, not angry but extremely happy.