Chapter 10 - The Fight

Tyler has stayed oddly close to me the past few days in school. He's hardly ever left my side, other than when we go to our different classes.

He's also been sitting with us at lunch and he walks me to class as well . He's still not told me what happened to his face though.

Whenever I ask him or his friends they always change the subject, which I can tell, Tyler's grateful for. So I've decided to leave it for now.

Now it's my last class before lunch and I'm running late again. It doesn't bother me though considering I'm only late for maths. Let's just say maths isn't my strongest subject.

Tyler said he had to do something but didn't specify what, he practically ran out of chemistry but not before he told me to get straight to class. I take a slow walk from my locker to my maths classroom. I walk in and see Tyler's still not in.

"Late again Miss Carson."

"Yeah I'm sorry I got lost again." I lie, which causes the class to laugh.

"You know that's a bad, not believable excuse considering you've been here for quite a bit now." Mr Wright laughs while raising an eyebrow at me. "Take your seat and get your work out."

I feel like Mr Wright has a soft spot for me, I think it amuses him how bad at maths I am.

After a long 10 minutes of struggling to answer anything, Tyler finally strolls through the door, smiling when his eyes meet mine.

"Id moan at you for being late but least you're actually here. Take your seat." I also think he has a soft spot for Tyler because unlike me, he's brilliant at maths.

"What made you so late?" I ask while he slumps in the chair next to me.

"Just sorting some business. It's all good."

"Now everyone turn to page 67 and get it done."

I try the first question and realise there's no way I can do it. I move on to the next and once again realise there's no way I can do that one either. Tyler obviously sees me struggling, "Need some help?" He asks while leaning over to my desk.

"If you don't mind."

He quietly slides his desk closer to mine and join them together. He then begins to help me with the questions. "Wow."

"What? Did I get it right ?" I smile while turning to look at him.

"No, you got it extremely, remarkably wrong. You are very bad at this, huh?"

"Amelia Rose Carson and Tyler River Carter, do you's have a problem?"

"Yeah I just can't do math."

"Both of you's come see me at the end."

For the rest of the lesson Tyler continues to help me and Mr Wright says nothing else. When the class ends we both walk up to our teachers desk.

"I'm going to cut to the point. Amelia being a maths teacher it pains me how bad you are at it." This causes Tyler to laugh. "And Tyler you are one bad grade away from being kicked out of chemistry." Now this causes me to laugh. "So how about you's tutor each other?"

"Fine by me."

"Yeah me too."

"That's all then, see you's tomorrow. Tyler don't be late. Maybe you should also guide Miss Carson to class as she can't seem to find her way here on time." He does his usual amused facial expression while he raises an eyebrow.

It's lunch time now, me, Christopher and Bella are sitting at our usual table. Zara is up at English catching up on some assignments. The next minute I see Tyler, Michael, Daniel and Aidan, taking a seat at our table.