Chapter 23 - The Visit

I wake up screaming and sit up immediately, I'm sweating and panting for breath. Tyler comes rushing over to me. "You're ok." He tries to rub by my back but I shove his hand off of me. "Keep calm. I'm here"

"Why are you even in here?!"

"I heard you in the night, I was checking if you were alright, I must have fallen asleep in your chair."

I look over at my calendar and see that today is circled. "I need to go." I jump out of bed and head to the door but my arm gets grabbed.

"Go where? I'll join you." He looks in my eyes and I can tell he's worried.

"No I'm going alone."

"I think it's best if.."

"No." I snap. "I said no. Just because you're here Tyler doesn't mean we are back to being friends. I still can't believe what you done! Last night was fun but I need time to myself." I get out of his grasp and run towards the bathroom. I brush my teeth and quickly get dressed in to some jeans and a jumper. I run down the stairs, thankfully not passing Tyler.

I slam the door shut and begin the 20 minute walk to where I'm going. While on route I stop at the flower shop and pick up six red roses. I walk through the graveyard and begin tidying Jess's grave. I tidy all the beautiful different flowers that people have recently left and put the dead flowers in the bin near the gate. I take a seat In front admiring her beautiful headstone.

Its weird to think something so sad and dark could be so beautiful and peaceful.

"I can't believe today would have been your 20th birthday."

I spend the next hour or so just talking to Jess. I talk to her all the time but when I do it here I feel like she's actually listening.

"I was told you'd be here."

I don't look back but he takes a seat beside me.

"I know you said you wanted to be alone but I just wanted to be here for you. I couldn't bear the thought of you being alone after how you were this morning." Tyler leans over and places some beautiful lilies next to my roses, he places his warm hand on my shoulder.

I pick his hand off my shoulder and entwine my fingers with his and I feel him relax. "Listen Tyler I'm sorry for freaking out on you this morning.. It was just.."

He scoots closer to me. His scent comforting me. "You don't have to apologise. I shouldn't have assumed you'd be fine with me again. There's no words to describe how sorry I am for what happened. It wasn't just up to me I should of told you. Can I be honest with you?" I nod slowly, staring in to his bright green eyes. "I was scared. I was scared the first thing you'd do was book a flight and leave. Leave me."

"I never wanted to leave. It was the last thing I wanted to do. I thought it would of been best for you and the family, I couldn't be the reason none of yous got along. I couldn't let you feel uncomfortable in your own home. I left because I thought it would be best, I thought it would help me feel better but if I'm honest.. I miss it. I miss it so much more than I thought I would. I miss the weather, I miss Christopher and our friends, I miss my new family.." I turn to look at him and I see he's staring at the ground. "But mostly I missed you." His head snaps up.

"You-You missed me?"

"Course I missed you Tyler. No matter what you'd done, we've spent almost everyday together for just about a year."

"I don't think there's been anything that I've missed more than you Amelia-Rose." I lean forward and rest my forehead on his.

"I get why you done what you done. It was so unbelievably stupid but I get it. You were trying to do what you thought was best for me. But if you ever do anything like that again our friendship is no more" I feel bad saying friendship, plus I don't really like saying it but right now I don't know what we are or what we're going to be.