Chapter 5 - The Night In

It's now Friday, my first week here has went pretty fast. Most classes we have had, have just been discussing what we were going to be doing in the school year and different things about the courses.

I've hung around with Bella and Christopher a few times this week. I really do like them.

Me and Tyler have spoke quite a bit. Mostly just bickering or me helping with his homework or at the dinner table.

Once again something different for me. My family never used to eat together, I'd make my own meals and eat by myself but here we all sit round the dinner table and stay till every ones finished before leaving, which I actually quite like.

However, I still do catch him looking at me quite a lot but I tend to just ignore it because whenever I ask why he just ignores me anyway.

Me and Michael on the other hand have been speaking a lot though, actually so have me and Daniel, they both are actually really nice guys! But for some reason when Tyler sees us talking he feels the need to come over and disrupt our whole conversation.

On the plus side though, he hasn't drove away and left me again.

Just as we are all walking in the door Ally calls us through to the living room where Zack and Alfie are already. Ally hands me Alfie after smothering him in tones of kisses and we all take a seat on the couch. I bounce Alfie on my knee to keep him occupied.

"So me and your dad have to go for a very important business meeting dinner. We will be leaving in a few hours and will be home early Sunday morning. What this means is Tyler and Amelia, you will need to take care of the boys till tomorrow morning, then your grandmother will come and pick up the boys and they will stay at hers for the night and we will collect them on our way home."

"That's fine mom." Tyler smiles at his mum while standing up.

"But.."

"I knew there was a but." He huffs while throwing himself back down on the couch.

"There's a couple errands I need you guys to run." She smiles while handing me a list.

To do list:
- Pick up dry cleaning
- Shopping (list)
- Pick up parcels
- Pick up cakes from bakery

I read it before passing it to Tyler. While continuing to bounce Alfie up on my knees and hearing him laugh. Ally smiles at both of us.

"Mom. Let's see the shopping list." Ally slowly takes out the list from her back pocket and hands him it. "Mom this is huge! Plus why do we have to go to the bakery?"

"I know it's quite a long list, but you and Amelia could go tomorrow when the boys leave to make it a little easier. But you's do need to pick up the parcels, cakes and the dry cleaning later today. They're for grandma she had to cancel bingo to look after the boys."

"So they're a bribe?"

After the conversation, I take the rest of the boys up the stairs as Tyler wants to speak to his mum alone. Probably trying to get me kicked out again.

Once at the top of the stair though I'm surprised to hear an apology from Tyler about the way he's been acting. I decide not to listen anymore and join Zack and Ethan in Ethan's room.

A few hours later, Ally and Mark say their goodbyes to me and the boys and head out for the weekend.

"Do you want to just go now to get it over with? We could take the boys to the park on the way home."