Chapter 18 - The Kiss

I've been driving for a few hours. Not a clue where I am. Not really that bothered about it either. I park along a dirt road and let out a sigh I've been holding for hours. Times like this I wish I could be back home with my amazing friends.

"I could really use you at a time like this Jess."

I slump my head on the steering wheel. Do you ever feel like everything's just going wrong? That nothing ever goes right for you? That's exactly how I feel.

Why did I let this happen? I just lined myself up for getting hurt again. I try my best to ignore him but he's everywhere. Literally, I mean we stay in the same house, we have mutual friends, same school. I just can't seem to get away from him.

We were only really close for numerous months but I just can't stop thinking about him. It's hard going from being with someone almost every minute to basically nothing.

Maybe this whole trip was a terrible idea.

I flip my phone over and see numerous miss calls and texts. Just as I'm holding it, without getting a chance to read who tried to get in contact with me, a name pops up on my screen.

"Daniel seriously what do you want?"

"Are you ok? Where are you?" He shouts down the phone. I hear another voice in the background but I can't hear who.

"Yes, I'm fine. Can I go now? You're kind of ruining my afternoon of peace."

"Are you insane!? Everyone is worried sick! I've had Tyl.."

I interrupt. "I'm going to hang up. I'll call you later."

"Please Amelia, come back. Everyone's worried."

"Worried about what? I am capable of heading out on my own." Once again I slump my head on the steering wheel. I open my eyes and look at the gas. "Shit."

"What Amelia? Are you ok? Has someone kidnapped you? Stole the car and kicked you out!?" Daniel once again shouts down the phone with another voice shouting in the background.

"I mean it's not that severe. Plus there would be a lot more noise if that was happening."

I look at my phone screen. "Shit."

"Amelia! What the fuck is going on!?"

"Want to hear the bad news first or the bad news?"

"Hmm, I guess we'll go with the bad news first babydoll."

"So.. The cars got about practically ran out of petrol. The other bad news is that I've not got a fucking clue where I am and the third piece of bad news is my phones about to die."

"Amelia!"

That's the second my phone dies. I burst out laughing at how shit my day is going.

However I remember seeing a diner a couple miles back. It's the only thing I can do so I better get walking.

Ok. So what I thought was a couples miles back turned out to be quite a few more. It took me just under an hour to reach the diner. In the scorching heat might I add. I head inside and straight to the counter.

"Excuse me?" I say politely while wiping the sweat from my forehead.

"Yes darling. Can I get you anything?" A man who looks a few years older than me answers.

"My cars ran out of petrol quite a few miles back and my phones ran out of charge and to top it all off I've not a clue where I am. Is there any chance you have a phone I can borrow?"