Chapter 22 - The Secrets

It's now midnight. The rest of the night was filled with fun and laughter with all my closest friends and many many photos. I say goodbye to each of my friends who are all getting taxis to different places.

"I'll get you home."

Me and Tyler get a taxi to my house and he walks me to the door. "I had an amazing time. Ill come see you tomorrow if that's okay?" He kisses my cheek before turning around to go.

"You can come inside if you like, my parents aren't back till Sunday, staying at some cabin down South." I explain while opening the front door.

He smiles before walking over to the taxi. He pays the man and comes through the front door which I left open for him.

"Your house is lovely."

On the left is a door which leads the bathroom the next door up leads to the living room, head on is a door to the kitchen and a few cupboards. We take a right up the stairs and I walk in to the third door in the right. My bedroom is fairly big. It has a walk in wardrobe and bathroom like my room at Tyler's but still not as big.

Tyler walks in and takes a seat on bed. "This is strangely close to your room at our house." He compares looking at the grey walls.

"I'm going to get changed." I pull out a pair of comfy shorts and a floaty grey singlet. I look in the bottom drawer of a chest of drawers and pull out a pair of pinky fluffy pyjamas trousers. "If you want to get comfortable, these could fit you, I was delivered the wrong size and totally forgot to send them back." I chuck them over to Tyler then retreat to the bathroom.

Once out I see Tyler standing there with the pink fluffy pyjama bottoms on, holding a picture frame.

"I take it this is Jess?" He gives me a small smile. I reach out and take the frame from him, taking a seat in my bed. I don't answer just continue staring at the gorgeous girl smiling back at me.

"She's pretty."

"Yeah she was beautiful." I smile.

"You know, yous actually look very similar." He puts his arm around my shoulders, leaning in closer to the picture of Jess on her 14th birthday.

"What happened? What was Dylan going to say?"

"It was a few weeks after that picture was taken, I was 11. We'd been staying at this cabin up north where we used to stay a lot. We wanted to go out and play but it was cold and our parents didn't walk to take us out, so Jess asked if we could go ourselves." I move back so I'm sitting against my headboard, Tyler scoots so he's sitting closer.

"My parents said yes. They knew I was safe with Jess. We went on a huge adventure." I smile remembering the good beginning of our outing.

"What did yous do?" Tyler asks with a comforting look on his face.

"We went a huge walk, we played in the rain, jumping in huge puddles that we'd always done. That we also knew we'd get moaned at for. We ended up in some forest and decided to build a fort. Something we wouldn't usually do back home at this age but we always done stuff like that up there. However after sometime, Jess began feeling uneasy. She had a feeling someone was watching us, I couldn't see anything but she insisted that we had to go. It started raining pretty heavily and was getting quite dark. We managed to make out the sounds of foot prints above the noise of the rain hammering the ground."

I look over to Tyler, he takes my hand and gives it a reassuring squeeze. "You don't have to continue if you don't want to."

"It's fine. Jess shouted at me to run, I'd never been in that place before and I couldn't remember where to go so I just ran any way I could. I remember the lake, I stayed far away from the edge but I couldn't see that well because of the rain. My foot got caught on something and I fell in the lake. The currents were really strong and I couldn't keep my head up. I was also getting more panicky because I still heard the footsteps. I tried shouting but couldn't, nothing was coming out whenever I opened my mouth. I somehow managed to get near to the edge of the lake."