Chapter 21 - The Prom Pt. 2

It can't be.

Am I seeing things?

I walk down the stairs from the entrance and stare in to the eyes of someone I didn't think I would see again.

"Tyler?"

"A few little birdies told me you didn't have a date for this evening."

I turn around to all my friends smirking. "We will see you inside."

He continues walking till he's standing right in front of me. He looks incredible, with his white tight shirt and black suit, with a matching black tie.

"What-how? When?" I ask practically speechless. I can't stop the smile from appearing on my face, even thought I'm still unbelievably angry at him. He doesn't answer just continues staring at me.

"Tyler?" He shakes his head.

"I'm sorry I just.. You look absolutely mesmerising."

I don't answer and just continue looking at him.

"I arrived yesterday. Will you allow me to be your date for tonight? Nothing would make me happier."

I stand hesitant and he can see that.

"I'll explain everything later, I'll answer all your questions. I just want you to enjoy tonight. What do you say?" He asks while pushing a piece of my hair behind my ear.

I can't say no after he flew all the way can I?

"I guess so but I'm don't think that I'm fine with you."

"I wouldn't expect you to be." He reaches in to his jacket inside pocket and pulls out a lovely corsage that matches my dress. "May I?" I hold out my wrist and he holds it gently while slipping it on.

We start walking in slowly, his hand never leaving the bottom of my back. We find our seats at one of the tables positioned around the big open dance floor.

Sitting around the table is all my friends, all sat beside their dates. I take a seat next to Clara while Tyler sits in the seat next to Ava. "So Tyler, we've heard a lot about yo- Ow who kicked me?"

"And that's the full story of when Amelia got high." Mia finishes the story and everyone bursts out laughing.

"You definitely didn't explain the story like that." Tyler laughs rubbing his eyes.

"Incoming."

I turn around and see Dylan walking towards our table.

"Amelia.."

"So this is the bastard I've been waiting to meet." I smirk at Tyler and he winks back at me.

"And who are you?"

"I'm Amelia's date and I'm gonna assume you're Dylan?"

"Ahh, I assume you're the American she's been staying with, amazing chatting to you but if you don't mind I want to have a chat with my girl."

I can't stop myself from bursting out laughing. "Your girl?" I laugh harder.

"If you don't mind, me and my date are trying to enjoy our evening." Tyler smiles but Dylan still doesn't move. "Feel free to fuck off any second now."

"Amelia please." Dylan leans over and puts his on my shoulder.

"Get your hand off her now or me and you will be having a little chat outside." Tyler stands up in front of me, Dylan obviously a bit taken back at how much Tyler is bigger than him.