Chapter 16 - The Change

This past couple weeks have been dreadful. Thankfully I've only seen Tyler twice and it was brief, he's not been home or at school much. All I want to do is ask him why, but I've not had the courage to yet.

Tyler's been acting a lot more rude lately, in and out of school for some reason also. I've gotten so close with Bella, Lily and Zara but especially Christoper and Michael. Michaels also started sitting with us at lunch most days, the others he sits back with Tyler and his friends. When he is sitting with us, Tyler doesn't stop glaring over looking furious.

It's now Thursday thankfully. I'm making my way to the last period of the days, I'm kind of late as my maths teacher kept me behind to talk about Tyler as he's not been turning up for class recently and that I'm almost failing again, since what happened with Tyler obviously he isn't tutoring me anymore, Zara and Lily have tried but it didn't go well .

I'm about to turn left at the end of the corridor but I hear a loud slam from the right. I peer round the corner of the wall and see Christopher pushed up against the locker and Tyler standing in front of him.

What's the hell is going on?

I stay still round the corner and I see them talking. I've never seen Tyler look like this. He looks so intimidating and angry but Christopher doesn't look scared of him. I watch them talk for a few more minutes until I see Tyler throw Christopher to the ground and pull back his leg to kick him.

"Tyler! What the fuck are you doing?!" I shout which causes him to turn round immediately.

"Stay out of this Amelia. It's got nothing to with you." He growls at me while turning back round.

I march up to him and spin him round, pushing him in to the lockers behind, which gives Christopher a chance to get to his feet. "It does when you're picking on my best friend! What the fuck is your problem?"

"You! You're my problem! Why can't you just fuck off back home."

"You're the one who fucked up, stop taking your moods out on everyone else around you and grow the fuck up. Who do you actually think you are to pick on anyone else!?"

That made something in him snap. He forcibly pushes past me and storms out the doors that lead to the back of the school.

"Christopher are you okay?! What happened?" I rush over to him as he's now standing beside the lockers

"Yeah, I'm fine, it was just a boy problem." He awkwardly smiles while rubbing his arm.

"What a horrible, stupid bastard."

***

It's now 7 and I'm having the most awkward dinner of my life. Tyler's actually here for once, sitting opposite me, keeping his head down but occasionally looking up at me and Ethan's sitting beside him.

Ally keeps on trying to talk to him but he just sits in silence, moving his food around on his plate. I'm furious at him but I can't show it here. I'd hate to make it awkward for the rest of the family.

"What's up with you guys anyway, you's were so close up until recent?" Mark asks.

"Nothing." We both answer at the same time while looking up and in to each other's eyes. I quickly glance in an another direction.

"Mom, is there not anywhere else Amelia can stay for the rest of her time here."

"Tyler!" His mum snaps, which causes the whole table to jump. "She's not going anywhere else. What is wrong with you these days?"

"I just think it would be better for everyone if she left." He shrugs while shouting.

"I love her being here! He's only acting like this because he's messed things up with her and messed things up further by bullying Christopher." Ethan shouts.