Chapter 28

*Artificial demonic soul implantation in the last chapter is entirely made up by me. I don't know if there is something like that actually. I never checked it out. Please don't criticise :P

▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️

AS I MADE MY WAY to the hospital to meet Bethany Summers, my mind was occupied by  confusing thoughts. Geiger Martin's wife was Jane. So, Officer Kane was right in assuming that all the murders are connected. They were all connected to Jane. Who was this Geiger Martin anyway? Why was he killed? Who killed him? And who is the third person? Where was the third doll? How does the knife come into all this?

My head whirred and blinding white spots began to dance in my vision. The lack of sleep and my subjugated desire for blood was slowly killing me. Taking each breath, strained the muscles of chest causing me an unexplainable pain. The sunlight from the windows singed the sides of my face as I walked through the freshly sanitised hospital corridors. I skipped classes once again. I let out a broken sigh.

A nurse passed by me, carrying a tray of bloodied cotton balls. I halted abruptly. The sweet smell of blood too alluring for me to bear. Sharp claws jutted out of the tips of my gloved fingers, ripping the material of the gloves in the process. Astonished, I stared at my clawed fingers, piercingly pointed enough to slice and sear flesh. My victim was just ahead, pleasing my senses with the odour of rust. I bit my lips hard enough to taste my own blood. As the saltiness of my blood spread over my tongue, I longed for more.

What's wrong with me? Am I turning into a bloody vampire? I thought of a huge rock wall standing as tall as to touch the white sky. Taking slow and steady breaths, I attempted to calm my bloodthirsty soul and hoped that the nurse would disappear as fast as it was possible. My own body didn't seem to be under the will of my brain. I was glued to my spot. The white clad nurse stopped all of a sudden to pick up a cotton ball that had fell from the tray. Like the sudden burst of a pressured pipe, blood poured over the stony walls that I had so arduously created in my mind.

I gripped the walls to palliate my dangerous self. The ugly greyed nails dug into the cheap plastering. A screechy noise echoed through the narrow corridor as I dragged my ragged nails through the pallid walls. The nurse turned to face me. An influx of  gruesome emotions entered me. I felt a surge of an extraordinary power through my veins, compelling me to flay the shivering woman before me. My fingers tingled as I grasped her by her neck. I tightened my grip until I could feel her arteries pump blood rhythmically through the skin of her throat. An inaudible scream left her open mouth.

Fear flashed before her eyes. A grotesque terrifying image of me was reflected in her dark eyes. My hands suddenly felt flaccid and my fingers slipped from her throat. The woman stared at me for a whole second. My heart beat loudly in my ears. Each thump sent shivers through my whole body. I dropped to the floor in a slump. Through my blurred eyes, I could see a distorted white image fleeing away from me. Her plangent cries continued to resound in my brain. I stared at my blackened palms until my whole vision had blackened.

I woke up shocked as if I had seen a nightmare. I found myself on a bed. I stared around not really acknowledging my surroundings. I felt a piercing pain shoot up through my ears into my brain. I curled into a ball on the bed, trying to suppress my headache.

"What happened, dear?" A soft feminine voice asked me. I looked up to see a nurse staring at me with concern flooding her face. The mere action of opening my eyes hurt my head even more. I shut my eyes firmly, feeling hot tears leaking through the corners.