Chapter 29

"We are not related"

The words bounced in my skull. I didn't dare turn my head to face the person I called dad until then. Whipping my head around, I made my way out of the house, ignoring Dad- Kyle asking me to stop and listen to him.

Dad followed me but taking surprisingly unfaltering long strides I moved away even more faster than he did. My mind was blank, the only thing I aimed at was not to let Dad catch up with me. Quite dazed and fuzzy minded, I ran into a park. The stony gravelled pathway of the park deterred my speed but I still kept on partially running and walking.

I ignored the strange looks people offered me as I stumbled over the gravel. I had to run. My brain refused to think of a destination. No, I just had to run. Run away!

I didn't have to look around to know that dad was no longer trailing me. The wind was heavy with moisture,indicating the possibility of rains. Dark greyish clouds casted shadows over me. The noises and cries of little children and other people were gradually lessening as I ran. My eyes turned hazy. I closed them for a second, feeling it burning against my eyelids.

Almost all of a sudden, I felt something sturdy connect with my shoulders. The impact of the hit was much too powerful for my body for it sent me flying. With a large thump, I crashed on to the hard ground, slightly scraping myself. I cried out in terrible pain while roughly massaging my hurting limbs.

"Oh! I am so sorry," A masculine voice said in an apologetic tone. I looked up at the man.

"Oh! It's you again! Do you find it enjoyable to crash into me each time we meet?" Oliver questioned. He pulled me up from the ground. I didn't reply.

"Allison? What's wrong?" He asked, tenderly looking into my eyes. The words were clogged in my throat. I shook my head animatedly. He tipped my chin up, examining my forlorn face.

"Why are you crying?" He asked so softly that it tickled my eardrums.

"No. I am not-" I said as I subconsciously touched my cheek and was shocked to feel wetness under my fingertips. Tears were streaming down my cheek and I hadn't realised. Glancing away, I furiously rubbed the tears off my face.

"It's nothing," I said, looking down. Oliver didn't seem to be convinced by my dismissal. Brushing the dirt off my clothes, I turned to walk away but I was held back by a strong grip on my arm.

"Let me go! I am in no mood to talk to you now," I grunted at him. A dull pain was slowly numbing my head and I was feeling extremely agitated.

"No. I want to talk," He argued, refusing to let go of my hand. I let out a sigh of absolute frustration.

"Fine. Make it fast," I growled as I planted myself on a nearby bench. Sporting an absolutely irked expression and folding my arms under my chest, I prepared to listen to him. He gave a long indecipherable stare before he joined me on the bench.

"Looking pissed off makes you look so hot," He commented. I hissed at him, annoyed.

"Okay. I get it," He surrendered.

"Jack has been arrested," He stated seemingly oblivious to my bland expression. Of course, he has been arrested. Owen made it clear he would arrest him.