Hailey

Hailey's POV
(Geiger's murder)

My heartbeat accelerated, the indefinite merged thumps it created, resounded within my ears. Gently, I closed the door behind me. The soft click it made straightened my spine and my hairs stood at one end. My legs were shaky and I felt as if I was wading on murky waters. Each step forward dragged my soul backwards.

A bright yellow car that possessed the capability to blind anyone who dared to take a peek on it, stood before the large iron gate. On seeing me approach it, the window shield was immediately pulled down. An exotic red head greeted me with a smile that faltered uncertainly at it's edges. Taking off the flashy sunglasses that was perched high up on her straight nose, she regarded me with a scrutinising gaze. Her ridiculous narrowed stare that pulled up the skin on the ridge of her hooked nose and crinkled the sides of her eyes, for once failed to cause a smile on my face.

"I presume that it don't go well," She asked nasally. Another familiar face peeked up from behind the backseat of the car. She raised her yellow eyebrows at me when my reply was retained.

"Come on, tell us. Don't keep us waiting!" Bethany, urged impatiently as she moved a lock of straight blonde hair behind her ear. I felt scared then. The reality of my situation shook me terribly. I gripped the sides of the car for support. My whole body felt as if being thrown high up in the air and allowed to freely gravitate downwards. The tip of my fingers tingled with fear.

"Did he say no?" Jill prompted, her eyes widened almost turning oval. I felt nauseated. A few hot tears involuntarily dripped down my cheek. I had initially thought it was raining.

"Hailey? Are you alright?" Bethany questioned concernedly. No. I am not.

"What happened?" Jill frowned, silently taking in my broken state.

"I-I k-killed him," I blurted hoarsely, not really recognising my own voice. By saying it aloud, I just confirmed it to myself that I killed him. I began to panic. My breaths turned short, broken and raspy.

Jill and Bethany rapidly blinked at me. I lowered my gaze not wanting to encounter their bewildered faces. Slowly and reluctantly, I met with their eyes. Bethany's face was as white as alabaster and as for Jill, she stared unbelievingly at me. I backed a bit from the window, and gestured to the ends of my skirt that was drenched in blood, still warm from his body.

"You are kidding me, right?" She asked feebly. Her eyes widened in obvious terror. But the tightness of her voice revealed that major part of herself believed in what I had uttered. My throat throbbed as if I had been forced to swallow a million needles simultaneously.

Jill and Bethany got out of the mustard yellow car. Taking hasty yet shaky steps, we moved into the house. A blank thoughtless expression adorned their features. My fingers trembled unnaturally as I turned the knob of his bedroom.

Smell of fresh blood engulfed me. Geiger laid over a red carpet that I knew was once beige. Numerous large slices decorated his body. The large black handle of a knife stuck out of his abdomen like a flag on the peak of the Mount Everest. Dark red blood oozed out from that particular spot. His blue eyes were wide open, staring lifelessly on the ceiling. His face was frozen in time, his cheek muscles were drawn in such a way that his face portrayed fear and astonishment. Bethany gasped loudly, dragging me from my blank unclear thoughts and that was when it hit me. I did this. I murdered him.