Prologue

A/N: Hey guys welcome to my exciting new story, No Turning Back. I am so excited to write this story and I am even more excited for you guys to read it. This will be different than my other HTTYD fanfiction, Beware. It will be less dark but it does have some angst. If you guys haven't already checked out Beware, please feel free to. Anyway, enjoy this chapter, guys.

Please don't forget to comment and vote. Thanks :)

-JenniferTjandrajana

The doors of the Great Hall burst open.

Hiccup felt his skinny frame being tossed onto the stone hard floor, like some unwanted animal.
He lay curled on the ground, holding back tears.

The enormous figure of his father, Stoick the Vast stormed into the dark lonely hall, slamming the door behind him.

The Berkian chief was angry. He had just witnessed his son doing the impossible. He had just witnessed him befriend a dragon, choosing their side instead of his people.

Worse, his son had exposed what he really is.

A liar. A cheat. A betrayer to Vikings.

Dragons were lethal creatures, and are a threat to the Viking society. They were blood thirsty creatures that have killed countless numbers.

Hiccup cautiously watched his father pace around angrily.

He knew he had done it. He knew he had disappointed him.

Yet, he wasn't afraid of being punished.
Rather, he was afraid of what will happen to Toothless, his best friend; his only friend.

"D-Dad..." Hiccup murmured, weakly sitting up.
"So is it true?" Stoick paused, nostrils flaring angrily, "You befriended an enemy?"
Hiccup lowered his eyes, avoiding his father's glare.

Part of him knew his secret would come out eventually. But not like this.
He needed time to show the Vikings the truth about dragons.

Perhaps fate had other plans.

"So everything in the ring," Stoick snarled, "A trick? A lie?"
Hiccup winced by the rage booming through Stoick's voice.
He was easily intimidated by his father, especially whenever he disappointed him.

That had been countless times. Now he's done it. He's stuffed everything up.

"I screwed up," Hiccup admitted, "I-I should have told you before now. I..." he shut his eyes for a moment.
He wished none of this had ever happened. He knew he was a disgrace and his best friend was in the hands of the Vikings, probably waiting for his death.

"Take this out on me. Be mad at me," Hiccup pleaded, his small frame trailing behind his father, "Please, don't hurt Toothless,"

Stoick shot him a stone cold glare.
"The dragon? That's what you're worried about?" he scowled, "Not the people you almost killed?"

Stoick shook his head in disbelief. He continued to pace around.
Clearly, he was shocked his son would even side with those beasts.

"He was just protecting me!" Hiccup argued in defence, "He's not dangerous!"

The burly chief scowled at his son. He's had enough of this nonsense.
No matter how hard Hiccup reasoned, the headstrong chief would not surrender to listen.

His own son had broken one of Berk's laws. Now he was afraid of the consequences.

"They've killed hundreds of us!" Stoick declared.

Hiccup narrowed his glass green eyes, "And we've killed thousands of them! They just defend themselves that's all,"

Stoick walked away, ignorant to Hiccup's frantic calls.
All his life, he's fought countless dragons. So why should he stop now?
They were dangerous and vicious. They even killed his wife.