One

Hey guys sorry about the long update. I know you were waiting for an update so here it is. Enjoy:)

Don't forget to comment and vote

-JenniferTjandrajana

Stoick stood out of his home in the bitter cold.

He glanced up at the dull, grey skies.

A heavy snow was falling all over the isle of Berk, and there would be a snow storm soon.

The village below was clothed in a sheet of thick snow.

Winter had arrived earlier than expected. Snoggletog wasn't for another month, yet everyone was busily preparing for the festive season.

A gust of wind brushed past the chief. He moved his hand over his plaited beard to dust off some frost and breathed out a sigh.

Three months ago, the chief discovered his son had kept a dragon. He had even sided with those damn beasts.
It never occured to him that his own son would be a traitor, who brought so much shame to their clan and to the entire tribe.

After what he did, the boy didn't deserve to be called a Viking, nor have the privilege as the chief's son. He was not welcomed here.

Banishment had been for the best of the village, but the chief, especially.

Yet, Stoick knew banishing his own son was a pain.

Stoick still remembers it; the hurt in that boy's eyes when he disowned him, when he...banished him.

He swore that traitor was about to break down in tears that day.

But he didn't.

Then again, why should Stoick care if that traitor flooded the entire village with his tears?

Why should he care if he was gone?
Part of him wished he hadn't banished him.

As much as Stoick tried to deny it, banishment was a painful choice for a parent to make.

Now the chief was left without a family; no wife, no son, nothing.

Stoick was alone, blanketed in misery.

A feeling tugged in his heart; a feeling of remorse.

What if it was too late? What if that dragon had already finished him off?

"If you stay out here any longer, you're gonna catch a cold," Stoick whirled around to find his eldest friend, Gobber clambering up the hill, shivering.

Stoick exhaled sharply, "The cold never really bothered me,"

"Ah," Gobber limped beside the chief, "Bucket and Mulch just arrived at the docks. Because of the recent dragon attacks, there's not enough food to last through the winter,"

Stoick hadn't been listening. He was too entranced in his own trail of thoughts, until he heard Gobber's last comment.

"What?" he asked in disbelief.

"And because winter has finally set in," Gobber went on, "the ocean is frozen solid. Not to mention most of our livestock is hibernating,"

Stoick groaned. He rubbed his temples, sensing a headache coming on.

"Tell me some good news, Gobber," he muttered.

Gobber stared at his friend for a moment.

From the dark bags under his eyes, Gobber suspect the chief hadn't been getting much sleep.