Nineteen

Hey guys here's chapter nineteen. I do warn you the ending of this chapter gave me so many feels. Anyway enjoy :)

Btw, should I post my drawings of my OCs from this story?

-JenniferTjandrajana

"No, it's not worth it. Besides, we're happy here, aren't we?"

For the past twenty minutes, Hiccup had been telling Valka about his plans for visiting Berk; to see his home again.

Valka seem to object with this idea. She had left Berk long ago because she wasn't a dragon killer.

Even though Berk may not kill dragons anymore, if Hiccup was right, that didn't mean the Berkians would change their ways.

They were bull-headed, proud dragon killers, who weren't exactly the sharpest tool in the shed.

At least that is what she had experienced while living there.

The thought of going back made Valka stomach turn, fearing both hers and her son's safety.

Being spotted with their dragons was just the other problem that seems to pile up now that she thought about it.

There was no denying what punishments they would get, especially with Hiccup as a Berkian outcast.

After all, Berk wasn't very welcoming of Berkian outcasts.

"Yes, I know. But I have been thinking," Hiccup said while chowing down on his smoked cod, "Scratch that. I have been wondering what Berk is like now. It's been two years since I last saw Gobber, Da-''

"Didn't your father banish you?" Valka shook her head angrily, "That man. What was he thinking? Banishing his own son, not to mention disowning him too,"

Hiccup felt a sharp pain in his heart. He remembered those words exactly. He remembered when his father declared he was no longer a Viking nor was he his son.

Every day, the memory kept haunting him, and he knew there was no escape from the truth; he wasn't the son of Stoick the Vast anymore.

But that didn't mean he stopped caring about the man who raised him, the man who he was related by blood.

Hiccup stared out the window to find Toothless resting under a pine while Cloudjumper munching on a nice smoked cod.

"He did," Hiccup shuddered at the memory in the Great Hall, "I know he told me never to return, but I feel I need to see him again. I feel I need to show him and the village that dragons aren't so bad. Maybe they're willing to change,"

"Change," Valka scoffed, "Change is not common among those Berkians. Believe me; I tried to reason with them. I pleaded so much for them to stop fighting, but no. They refused to put down their weapons and listen. I guess some of us were just too different,"

Hiccup nodded, knowing his mother had a point. Yet, there was something that troubled him. Something he wanted to ask his mother.

"Mom...do you stop to think about the life you left?" Hiccup stood up from his seat, "Do you still miss him, mom? And you know who I mean,"

Valka dropped the spoon she was holding. She stared at the ground, inhaling deeply.

Seventeen years. That was how long she hadn't seen Stoick or everyone else.

Every now and then, memories of her life spent with Stoick, happy memories would pop in her mind.

They'd remind her of the life she left behind; the life she was supposed to live.