Three

Hey guys here's chapter three. The time skip is a year and imagine the teens looking a mix of DoB and RttE

Enjoy!

-JenniferTjandrajana

A year had passed since Hiccup's banishment.

Stoick grew paler and miserable with each passing day. He was afraid to admit it, but he missed him.

The boy has never left his mind. No matter how much Stoick tried to forget about him, that...traitor, the boy's freckled face kept haunting his mind.

Convinced Hiccup was now mauled to death by that Night Fury, Stoick thought a proper Viking funeral was necessary.

His so-called son had been exiled this time, a year ago.

Now, he was gone, with a death so tragic.

At least now he could reunite with his mother in Valhalla.

The funeral went on for two days near the docks.

Villagers would pay their tributes and respects.

A large ship with a portrait of Hiccup with his belongings sailed through the murky ocean.

Arrows fired through the fog, aiming perfectly onto the ship.

Villagers crowded around the docks, their faces sunken with grief at such a loss.

Their gaze followed the ship as it sailed further into the fog, to be brought into the unknown.

Almost the entire village were at the supposed deceased young Viking's funeral.

However, Astrid Hofferson chose not to attend a pretentious occasion.

She didn't believe Hiccup was dead, let alone mauled by his Night Fury companion.

Instead, she had no doubt Hiccup was out there, perhaps living his life out of fear or judgement.

Astrid had been the only one to know of Hiccup's Night Fury he befriended.

At first, she thought dragons were wild, mindless creatures.

Until that day when Hiccup showed her dragons weren't beasts.

Her perspective about them changed for the better. Yet, most people here weren't the sharpest spear in the shed.

Here people were narrow minded, stubborn to change.

Astrid never thought a simple flight would instantly change her mind.

Perched on a Clift, Astrid stared out into the ocean ahead.

Ever since Hiccup was exiled, he had never really left her mind.

Everywhere she went, even in her sleep, all Astrid could think about was that boy who bravely defied traditions by befriending dragons.

The blonde Viking exhaled deeply. She wished to see her friend here next to her. She wished he could show up on Berk.

So everyone will know he was still alive, not dead.

Stoick had banned him from returning. So there was no way Hiccup could be allowed to step foot here again.

For the past hour, Astrid stood on the Clift, enjoying the cool breeze brushing against her face.

Up here, she could see everything on this island. Most importantly, up here she could really think and get lost in her thoughts.

Nobody really came here, which was a good thing. It was nice to seclude herself from the hustle and bustle of the village.