Fourteen

Hey guys I am still alive after a long hiatus. Don't worry I haven't forgotten about this story. Anyway here is chapter 14, which is a filler chapter. Enjoy!

-JenniferTjandrajana

As seasons passed, Stoick grew more and more depressed to the point he began isolating himself from others.

The villagers have begun to notice changes in their chief, ever since Hiccup's funeral ceremony.

The Chief of Berk, once a proud, respected leader had shrunk lower than he ever did before.

Many would murmur how he had grown thinner as the Chief wandered around the village.

Many thought Stoick was losing his mind since he was always in a tired, distraught state.

Often, he'd snap at anyone, which wasn't a usual habit he did.

The Berkians were worried about their leader and feared what will happen to him.

They did not want to be led by a Chief who cannot control emotions; let alone a Chief who rarely showed his face in public.

Sometimes, Gobber, his right-hand man would stand in to deal with disputes or various matters the Chief would normally do.

Fall had come sooner than expected.

For Stoick, it was a somber occasion. It was the exact same day he had banished his son for befriending a dragon; a Night Fury.

Two years ago, he had painfully watched his son-no, the traitor of Berk walk out of the arena, head hung low as he dragged his duffel bag behind.

Tears stung in his eyes every time Stoick remembered the hurt in his son's glass-green eyes.

In that instant, Stoick recognized those eyes-those familiar green eyes. They did remind him of his beloved wife; Hiccup's long-lost mother.

From that day on, the Chief was haunted by regret. Was it mistake to cast out his son, his only memory of his wife?

Did banishing Hiccup mean he was also banishing memories of his beloved wife?

Stoick miserably hunched over his chair. He chugged down a mug of ale, which was his third mug early this morning.

By now, his brain was numb with alcohol. But it was the only remedy to drown away his sorrows.

His mind kept thinking about his son, and how he had failed his wife to take care of him.

The boy clearly wasn't fit for the Viking life, but perhaps that was his fault.

Clearly, he had been too caught up with his Chiefly duties to forget he was a father himself.

Stoick sighed as he glanced around his empty house.

With his family gone, the house became a place of haunted memories.

Loneliness was something he had gotten used to.

Stoick finished his ale then went to the kitchen to pour himself another.

The fire danced in the hearth, casting dark shadows over the Chief's distressed face.

His face had become so pale that every sign of life on his face had drained away.

Suddenly, the door swung open, letting in a breath of

cool air.

"Drinkin' again?" Gobber hobbled inside, shaking his head, "Stoick, don't keep doing this to yourself,"