Thirteen

Hey guys, so here it is after a long hiatus is chapter 13.  Thank you everyone for reading this story. You guys are awesome.  I never thought this story would reach 19k reads. Anyway, enjoy this chapter :)

-JenniferTjandrajana 

"So where are we going exactly?"
Ingrid led Hiccup up a winding path, brushing overhanging branches aside.

For the past twenty minutes, Hiccup had been following through the forest. He was curious what Ingrid had in mind.

There was a perfectly good reason why they were going this far.

Hiccup continued his cycle of questions, which earned a 'you'll see when we get there" and "Just a little further. I won't give you any clues until we get there. It's something nobody, especially my dad knows" from Ingrid.

The last thing made Hiccup grow even more curious. Wherever Ingrid was taking him, it was somewhere secluded and far from the village.

Hiccup cast a look at Toothless and Arrow, who trailed behind their riders, admiring their surroundings.

Too focused on his surroundings, Toothless was unaware of an overhanging branch.

The next thing he knew, he was sprawled on the ground, groaning at the sudden impact.

Hiccup chuckled in amusement.

"So...how much further?" Hiccup asked the umpteenth time, though it seems like it for Ingrid.

He cast a look at his dragon, who had recovered.

"You keep asking the same question," Ingrid grunted, slicing branches in her path, "It's not that far now. Let's keep moving,"

Hiccup exchanged looks with his dragon then followed after Ingrid up a rocky trail.

"So, tell me, what happened exactly?" Ingrid asked after a brief silence.

Hiccup cocked his head, puzzled, "What do you mean?"

"Your mother," Ingrid said, facing the brunet Viking, "So, you never met her until now?"

Hiccup scratched the nape of his neck. He had to admit, this was quite a sensitive topic to talk about.

After all these years, he believed his mother was dead. At least that's what his father had told him.

"You see, all my life I thought she was dead; killed in a dragon raid seventeen years ago. At least, that's what da- I mean, Stoick told me,"

This time it was Ingrid's turn to cock her head.

"Who's Stoick?" she asked, curiosity brimming in her eyes.

Hiccup looked at her sheepishly then lowered his eyes.

Right now, the rocky path seems rather interesting.

"He's...he's my father. Well, used to. He...banished me because, you know..."

Ingrid nodded, already knowing what he meant.

"Oh. I'm sorry. That must have been harsh for you,"

Hiccup nodded silently. He said nothing since he was too caught up with his past life; the life he would never return to.

For him, this was also a sensitive topic to speak about to anyone.

"Anyway, my mother wasn't killed in the raid," Hiccup went on, "She was taken by a Stormcutter, and for the last seventeen years, she's been rescuing dragons. Can you believe it? Who knew all this time she was alive,"