Eleven

Hey guys here is chapter 11. Do you think I should post concept artworks of my ocs on here? Btw this scene will be slightly similar to the scene where Valka takes Hiccup to her sanctuary for the first time. Anyway, enjoy! 

-JenniferTjandrajana

Moments later, Valka led Hiccup and Toothless to a mountain surrounded by an enormous ice formation, forming  jagged edges.

Flock of iridescent dragons poured in and out of the cavern, snapping and biting at each other.

Hiccup has studied about dragons of all sorts, but nothing compared to these incredible specimen that just flew past.

Toothless crooned with curiosity at the dragons as they flew past. He tried to catch up with Cloudjumper, who was just ahead of him.

With the countless dragons darting past him, it was somewhat difficult to see ahead.

The dragons led their riders through a dark narrow passageway. Sounds shrieks and roars echoed along the wall as more dragons flew past.

Hiccup glanced around his surroundings, curious where his mother was taking her. Wherever they were, he knew they were far from Edon and this place was crawling with wild dragons of sorts.

His mother seems to know the way rather well, and Hiccup assumed she did reside here.

A thin streak of light shone through the end of the tunnel.

Hiccup sewed his brows together. Curiosity brimmed in his eyes as he proceeded towards the end of the tunnel.

When they reached the end, they ventured into the mouth of a cavern with an open rooftop that let in sunlight and a breath of fresh air.

Rock formations emerged out of the cavern, providing a habitat for dragons to nestle. Cliffs raised high into the sky, blooming with wildlife. Moss crawled around boulders and sturdy rocky walls. Shrubs scattered all over the sanctuary, proving an umbrella for dragons to lie under.

Toothless and Cloudjumper then landed on a clifftop that overlooked the entire sanctuary.

Below was an endless platform of cliffs that shot high to the beyond the eye-can-see.

Hiccup leapt off Toothless. He pulled down his hood and gasped at the incredible sight before him.

Dragons of all species snuggled on ledges. Terrible terrors hung under a shady shrub, fighting over a delicious piece of fish. Gronkles hovered around their utopian habitat with their companions. Exotic species of dragons crawled on clifftops happily shrieking and roaring.

Hiccup had to admit, this place really was breathtaking. It resembled a lot like an ideal haven for these dragons, and he never thought he'd see something as amazing as this.

Ice enveloped over the sanctuary; a wall created to protect the dragons safe from danger from the outside world.

"So, what do you think?" Valka dismounted off Cloudjumper, casually striding beside her stunned son.

Hiccup's green orbs blinked in amazement.

"I have no words to describe it, to be frank," his gaze wandered over a gang of baby dragons squabbling over a mackerel, "I'm...speechless,"

Valka chuckled happily, "I'm glad you liked it. This is where I have been staying for the last seventeen years,"

"Seventeen years?" Hiccup faced his mother, stunned, "Wow. So this is your home for the last..."

Valka gave a silent nod, smiling.

Hiccup paced around, intrigued and dumbfounded by the array of dragons roaming around the sanctuary. Then his eyes widened, realisation suddenly kicked in.