Twenty-Two

Hey guys,

Yes, I know I have been putting this story on hiatus. But don't worry, I'm back to updating this story. I have been busy lately with college and also I have been...uninspired lately.

Anyway, with a bit of planning and motivation, I have come up with a new chapter you will all enjoy.

So I hope you will enjoy this chapter as much as I enjoyed writing it.

-JenniferTjandrajana

(P.s pretend Hiccup  looks slightly older in the pic above and he is wearing a hooded chainmail over his tunic. And they are in the town square, not the kill ring)

Valka was fuming.

It wasn't something she usually does, but she was a mix of worry and frustrated.

Her son had wandered off to Berk, a place she warned him not to visit, despite being their home.

Valka insisted he stayed in Edon, avoiding danger. She insisted they stay in Edon and not think about going back to Berk.

Seventeen years. That was a long time since Valka had stepped foot there.

Surely it must have changed.

Though, she doubts it, knowing Berkians were people who lived strongly by traditions and refused to change for the better.

The thought of Hiccup going there to convince those Berkians dragons weren't monsters made Valka's stomach churn.

She knew what these people were like; bull-headed Vikings who refused to listen.

"What was he even thinking?" Valka fumed, "Going back to Berk isn't safe! Worse of all, he rides a Night Fury! Doesn't he know how much danger he will get himself in?!"

A soft croon from Cloudjumper eased Valka a bit. She sighed, petting his head.

"Well, he was so keen to change their minds," Ingrid yelled over the roaring wind, "Valka, why do your people kill dragons? Don't they know dragons are kind, intelligent creatures? And how come you and Hiccup weren't like the rest?"
Valka let out a sigh, "Ingrid, some of us were born different. When I met Cloudjumper, I realized I couldn't kill him. His soul had reflected my own," she gently stroked Cloudjumper, "There is more to dragons than meets the eye. I just wish those Berkians could understand that. I tried to reason with them, but they just wouldn't listen," she shook her head angrily, "They're bull-headed, proud and narrow-minded people, I'm afraid.

Change is a foreign thing to them. I don't get why Hiccup would suddenly want to change their minds after being away for so long,"

Ingrid nodded, "Ah, like mother like son. Now I know where Hiccup gets his dramatic flair from,"

"I lost him once," Valka went on, "I didn't mean to abandon him, but it had been for the better," she drew a breath, "I'm just glad I found him again. If anything were to happen to him...I will never forgive myself,"

Ingrid gave a warm smile. Now she understood why Valka was worried sick.

Of course, when you were a mother who just reunited with your son, and realized he wandered off to danger, you would be terribly worried.

"So, is it true?" Valka said after some time, "You have feelings for my son?"

When Ingrid heard that, she jolted up, blushing madly.

"W-what? I..."

Valka let out a chuckle, "No need to be startled, my dear. I've noticed you two have gotten close. Hiccup does talk about you from time to time,"