Twenty-Seven

So I am back writing this fic, feeling refreshed and ready to bring more exciting adventure and drama.
I couldn't abandoned this book cause I have worked hard on it.
I will try to update regularly since I have more time to write it.

Enjoy this chapter!

-JenniferTjandrajana

"We've been searching them for days. There's nothing out here. Nothing!"
For the last two days, Ingrid and her friends had been flying far from Edon, searching for their missing companions.

Whenever their dragons got restless, they'd stop by at the nearest village to rest. Of course, there were villages that forbid strangers and dragons to stay.
So they'd end up stopping by on secluded islands to camp out for the night.
Being so far away from Edon made the teens, especially Ingrid homesick.
Her father must probably be worried of her disappearance.

But she wasn't going to give up until she finds Hiccup and Toothless.

In the horizon, the sun was beginning to set. Dusk was upon them, and it was probably time to rest for the night.

"If you don't stop complaining, I'll throw you off that dragon of yours," Runa retorted, exhausted of Gunner's complaints.

Gunner pouted, "It's getting late. I'm cold, starving and there's no sign of Hiccup or Toothless anywhere," he groaned, "Ugh this search is taking forever!"

Runa crossed her arms, grumbling to herself.
"If you can't handle the long journey, then you shouldn't have came," she steered Echo towards Ingrid and whispered,
"Remind me why we have to drag this guy. He's so insufferable. How are we supposed to have a pleasant journey with him complaining every second?"

"Hey! I am not insufferable," Gunner snapped.
Runa poked her tongue out.
"You can't even last being in the cold or being hungry for days,"
"That's because a warrior - a real warrior needs to eat," Gunner snapped, then glanced at the sunset, "and he needs to get his beauty sleep,"
Runa shook her head, "Oh no. We are not stopping. We've already made plenty of rest stops. We've got to suck it up and keep-"

"He's right," Ingrid interjected, facing the others, "It would be dark soon and we should rest for the night. We'll continue the search first thing in the morning," she glanced at the others' dragons, "Besides, our dragons have been flying for the whole day. They need to rest,"

Gunner's lips morphed to a smug grin, satisfied for being right.

Runa groaned, rolling her eyes.
"Well, if we're going to rest, where should we go? We're probably far from civilisation,"

Pulling out her map, Ingrid scrunched her brows in concentration, trying to make out their destination.
During their previous journeys, Ingrid kept a record of all the places they've been in the archipelago.
She crossed out some places they looked for their companions that had no signs of them.
"There must be an island close by," Ingrid murmured, turning the map sideways, "I'm so sure there is-"

"Wait! I see something down there," Gunner pointed something down below, "It's probably an island. Oh look! We're close,"

Ingrid glanced down, her eyes beaming brightly.
Down below the clouds, she spot a glimpse of an island with large rock formations jutting out of the sands.
"My gods, you're right!" She petted Arrow's head, "Take us down, girl,"

~

Once the teens landed, they immediately set up camp at a small clearing.
It was a nice little island, secluded from civilisation, but home to wild dragons and animals that lurked in the wilderness.