Twenty

Hey guys so as you know I have decided to continue this fic.

To be honest, I was kinda hesitant about posting this chapter because I thought you might find it boring and you might want to try to force me to change it, like some people from the comments in the previous chapter. So Idk if you will like this chapter.

It will probably disappoint you an I can never forgive myself for that.
But you wanted a chapter after so many weeks, so I decided to type it up. But still I don't know what your reactions will be. You might not read my story again after this chapter.

After the long wait, here is the chapter you have been waiting for.

-JenniferTjandrajana

Stoick couldn't believe his eyes. There standing in front of him was his son; the boy he thought had been mauled to death by that wretched Night Fury; the boy he banished and disowned years ago.

Guilt stabbed his heart, realising his mistake.

It hadn't been his intention to banish the boy, but he only did for the best of his people. But the real reason was he had blindly followed ancient Viking laws without thought.

Yet, here his son was, albeit different, but in good shape.

He was alive, yet the Chief believed he was being delusional.

Hiccup was dead. He attended his funeral years ago. He remembered that day like it was yesterday.

He believed that Night Fury had turned against the boy, despite being claimed he was a creature that was misunderstood.

Stoick knew how these dragons were. They were heartless monsters, devouring countless lives.

Maybe Stoick was dreaming right now. He'll wake up and the boy in front of him would disappear; like he was just part of his memories.

"Hiccup?" Stoick choked out is words. He tilts his chin, staring the boy up and down in disbelief.

Stoick had to admit, the young Viking had grown so much since the last time he saw him.

"Is that really you, son?"

Hiccup nodded, holding back tears.

Right now, he had an impulse to fall into his father's son. But he held back, knowing his father was still angry about everything.

"Hi, Dad," Hiccup managed to say, "I guess you weren't expecting to see me, huh? Look, I know I'm not supposed to be here," he frowned, lowering his eyes, "Y-you banished me. I'm sorry I'm not the Viking you wanted. I'm sorry I can't kill dragons. I don't see them as horrible monsters, dad. They're kind, amazing creatures, who are misunderstood. I know I went against traditions, but maybe change isn't a bad thing. Change is-''

To his surprise, Hiccup felt his father's large arms wrapped around him, embracing him in a hug.

Tears. They were the most unusual things Hiccup saw rushed down the Chief's melancholy face.

"Oh, son. I'm...I'm sorry for banishing you..." he choked between sobs, "All this time...I regret what i did. I never meant to hurt you. I didn't realise how much you mean to me,"

Stoick pulled away from the embrace. He fixed his gaze onto Hiccup's stunned green gaze.

"I thought I lost you. We all thought you...the Night Fury killed you. So," he gave a bewildered look, "how did you do it? How did you survived that dragon? Did it try to hurt you? Where have you been all this time?"

Hiccup stared at the ground, avoiding his father's stern, but curious gaze.

He drew a breath.

During the flight to Berk, Hiccup tried to plan how he would explain to his father about Toothless. He thought about explaining about the Isle of Edon; about how he found his mother there.