Eight

Hey guys I know it has been a while since I last updated. I have been busy with college and other things. So here is the newest chapter.
Btw I like to dedicate this chapter to @toothlessandthetardis for proofreading the chapter. I really appreciate it

-JenniferTjandrajana

"So the bolas incinerated? Just like that?" Ingrid exclaimed, snapping her fingers.

Hiccup nodded. He and his friends were gathered around a bonfire just in front of his lodge.

For the past hour, Hiccup had explained about this afternoon's events with the hunters he encountered.

Darkness had crept to the Island of Edon. The glistening moon hung high, casting off shadows through the trees.

Tree swayed against the howling wind, sending a cool touch down Hiccup's spine.

After escaping the hunters, he couldn't stop thinking about the whole ordeal.

Most importantly, the wounded Thunderdrum.

He was worried about it. It had looked so frail, so helpless, and it was suffering under the hunters' chains.

Now perhaps it had been too late.

There was no denying what horrid, diabolical things those hunters would have done to it.

"Yeah, it was pretty awesome," Hiccup scratched Toothless' chin, who moaned happily, "We managed to escape, but we couldn't save the Thunderdrum in time,"

An eerie silence hung among the group of friends. The only sound they heard was Ingrid's Timberjack, Arrow, munching on a tasty smoked salmon.

Gunnar's Monstrous Nightmare, Fangshot nested under a lone pine, curled against the fire.

Clearly, he did not want to be disturbed.

Runa's pale blue Thunderdrum, Echo leaned against her rider, staring off into the flames.

She shot through the bonfire, igniting it.

"Horas the Merciless?" Gunnar spoke cocking a brow, "I wonder how he got that name,"

Hiccup gave a shrug, "No idea. But that guy gives me the chills. He's like the leader of the dragon hunters, I assume,"

"I don't think anybody has heard of him," Gunnar replied, picking out gunk of food in between his teeth with a stick, "Must be another tribe of hunters,"

Hiccup stared at him, his eyes widened curiously.

"Wait, you mean there's more?" he asked, surprised, "So you mean the hunters that attacked Edon weren't the only one?"

Ingrid nodded gravely, "There's dozens in this region of the archipelago. For centuries, they've always tried to attack our island. We're a wealthy tribe with great resources. They know we have dragons, and would do anything to capture them,"

"What would they do with your dragons if they captured them?" Hiccup asked, adjusting his sitting position.

"Like other hunters, they'll turn the dragons into profits,"

Hiccup mentally cringed at the thought. He knew what those hunters were doing was wrong on so many levels. They were relentless, as Hiccup had seen.

"We would do anything to defend our home, our dragons," Runa declared, tearing her salmon open with her dagger.

"So what did this guy look like anyway?" Runa asked, munching on her salmon.

Hiccup tried to recall what he looked like. Honestly, the hunter leader's looks weren't to his liking.