Fifteen

Hey guys I thought I would update soon because I wanted to. Anyway, here is chapter 15. I admit, it reminds me of Riders of Berk crossover with Race to the Edge in some parts. Well, I have been watching the show, which explains some similarities.

Enjoy the chapter. Don't forget to comment, vote and share :)

-JenniferTjandrajana

Hiccup woke up early morning, the sun beaming down his freckled face. His body stiffened ever since the combat training with the others days ago.

When it comes to combat training, the others were better. At least he rode on the fastest dragon in the archipelago. He would beat them in any race, any day.

Yawning, the brunet sat up, rolling back his aching shoulders.

He peered over at his dragon, who lay asleep on a slab of rock, curled against the dying fire.

It wasn't until two weeks ago that Toothless moved into his rider's home. Permanently.

Although the cave outside was nice, Toothless hated being separated from his rider. So he whined, begging for his rider to let him live in the lodge.

Hiccup could only snort at how pathetic his dragon was. He rolled his eyes, muttering, "Yeah, yeah you're welcomed here. What do you need, an invitation?"

Of course, Toothless didn't hesitate to tackle the Viking to the ground, licking him everywhere.

"Morning, bud," Hiccup swung his legs out of bed, stretching.

Slowly opening one eye, Toothless let out a soft whine.

"Up for a morning flight?"

The Night Fury yawned then shut his eyes, going back to sleep.

Rejection did hurt. Hiccup pouted at his dragon.

He shoved his doona aside, fitting his chainmail over him.

"Come on, don't be like that," he scoffed, putting on his shoulder armor, "Did I do anything to upset you, you big baby boo?"

Toothless snorted, blowing off smoke from his nostrils. He turned away, ignoring his rider.

The brunet knew what his dragon was doing.

Usually, Toothless would be the one to wake Hiccup up for an early morning flight. Now, it was the reverse.

Who knew waking up the Night Fury would be a tedious task?

"Toothless, you love flying," Hiccup said as he adjusted his prosthetic leg, "Besides,"

He went over to the window panel, poking his head out.

"It's a nice day to be out flying, you know? The sun is shining; Terrible Terrors are singing...ah, it's really tempting to be out flying on a nice day like this. What do you say, bud?"

Hoping his dragon would wake up, he turned around to find the Night Fury hadn't bothered to move. He was curled up, enjoying his five minutes of slumber.

Sighing, Hiccup gave a shrug.

"Well, if you're going to be a lazy, stubborn reptile, I guess you wouldn't want some nice salmon after,"

When he heard 'salmon', Toothless' head perked up. He smacked his lips, suddenly craving for a nice delicious salmon right now.

Hiccup chuckled, satisfied that bribing his dragon worked.

"Knew you wouldn't pass up an opportunity like that," he ambled downstairs with Toothless trailing behind him.

The two went downstairs to find the fire dying in the hearth.