Chapter 5

Inaayah's P.O.V

One week has already gone by since the dinner at Sharfa's house and alhamdulillah everything went smoothly.Everyone was getting along and the moment i dreaded the most was when Adam entered the house.He greeted everyone and then looked my way only to find my mouth slightly open in shock and when I realised this,I blushed profusely and looked down wanting the floor to swallow me.Well i'm not to be blamed,he looks more handsome in person than in pictures.

As soon as he was seated,they proceeded to talk about the nikkah(marriage) and as they wanted it to be held sooner,the elders decided for a date and of course asked us for our acceptance before coming to a conclusion.We all decided the wedding to be held next month.

Everyone was engaged in random conversation and Ahmad was something else.He is cute and i thought of him to be shy but i was mistaken,he is really talkative and funny.I still watch cartoons so i pretty much understand his jokes and he loves anime just like me.

"INAAYAH KHAN,GET READY WE ARE GOING SHOPPING,"shouted my mom from the kitchen taking me out of my thought.

"I'll be down in 15 minutes,"i told her with a sigh.Arghh i hate,no hate is such a strong word i prefer using dislike,so yeah i dislike shopping from my teenage years.I prefer climbing trees,play hide and seek and do other stuff instead of shopping.

I wore a pink shirt,long white skirt,white converse and topped it with a pink hijab.I waited for mum by the car.My mum owns a black nissan qashqai and god i love this car.Instead of going to the mall,we went to a fancy wedding store.Realisation dawned on me that i had only 2 weeks for my wedding and then i'll be leaving my parents,the house where i was brought up,i'll be bringing only memories with me and then i'll be spending my whole life with a stranger who i've known for approximately what?..1 month,I think less.

My mom shook me and brought me out of my thought once again.We got in and sat waiting for an attendant.Not later a blond woman wearing a white shirt with deep blue pencil skirt approached,greeted us and asked what we are looking for.

Duh stupid blondie,im in a wedding dress store,so obviously im looking for wedding gowns and not halloween ouftits.I said to myself and broke out into a fit of laughter and i appologized after calming down.What a stupid woman,i read her name tag and said:"Miss Shawn,i want to try some lacy,decent,long sleeved and simple gowns."

"Well follow me miss,"she replied and i did.She chose some dresses and ushered me in the changing room.I tried the first five of them and nothing seems okay with both mom and me but the sixth one was awesome.We bought it and did some more shopping and then headed home.

Two more weeks until i become Mrs Inaayah Ahman.Oh Allah protect my marriage and my family from the evil.I went directly to my room and watched Harry Potter for the third time.I plan on wearing Abaya after getting married not that i don't dress appropriately but I want to wear it permanently and not only for jummah prayers.I then went to sleep and dream about my future husband