Chapter 20

Sharfa's P.O.V

Chilling outside on the balcony sipping my hot coffee while looking at the stars brought me peace of the mind.Everything is just an illusion even this world is not forever.How did I even think that our love would have lasted for a lifetime and that we would go through everything together but Allah had other plans for us.Everything happens for the best so there must be good in whatever occurred five years ago.Maybe he could have done much worse to me and I would never be able to face anyone.I couldn't take it when he was in jail because I was hurting.I loved him then and even now I still do but not as much as before.Without knowing it,a lone tear escaped my eye and I quickly wiped it.

It's already midnight and Karim is not yet home,I started worrying but the movement of a shadow caught me by surprise.I called my guardian and he was not picking up the phone.It could not be Karim for his car is not here.I hurried downstairs to lock the door but it was too late.The figure standing there was someone really familiar but I couldn't figure out who he was as it was dark in here until he spoke.

No it can't be him,no no.Sharfa calm down,remember's behind bars.A part of me was happy that he was back but the other part wanted to run away from him.Ahmad invaded my thoughts and I started panicking,I took a step on the stairs but my hand was yanked back by him.He approached me and by the cologne I knew it was definitely him.He traced his fingers up and down my arm causing a chill run down my spine.I tried getting his hands off me but he slapped me hard and started spilling hateful words to me and each time,he would hit me harder and harder that I could not keep my screams in causing Ahmad to wake up.I saw him looking at me in horror and pleaded him with my eyes to run upstairs but he hid the opposite.He started hitting him as well.

"Is he your son huh?Looks like you got married again.I'll make sure to kill your husband.If you can't be mine you can't be his...."He spit out in anger.

"he...is..your....very...own...child...ahmad...ra...Rafeek."He stared at both Ahmad and me before kicking me once again in my stomach.My vision blurred and everything blackened out.

I woke up in a white room stinking of medicine.I am alive Alhamdulillah.I thought I was dead as it felt like I was sleeping for a long time.My heart started beating at an irregular speed thinking of Ahmad's state but when my brothers and Inaayah came in,they told me that he is out of danger and spent some time with me before returning home.The following day I was discharged and stayed at Adam's house.I'm very happy for him cause after all he'll soon be a dad.Two weeks went by and every night I would have bad dreams.My brothers took care of me and I told them about what happened.They both were burning with rage and said that their doubt was right.

I feel much more better now but mentally and emotionally,I am a mess,a beautiful mess.I starting talking less,smile less and became overprotective of my family.I am curently seeking professional help.I'm just happy that Ahmad was not affected that much by this and he's back to normal.I'm really thankful to Inaayah for taking care of us so well without complaining even if she does not really feel well at times.Ismail also kind of helped us for these 2 weeks.I make duah that he gets a sweet and caring wife in deen.

Guess what granny came to visit us today and she cooked our favorite dishes.Inaayah left her chocolate cake and ended up eating Adam's apple pie at a go.The sight was adorable,MashaAllah.We had a lot of fun and everyone retreated to their own rooms after a little chat after esha.

Karim's P.O.V

I just hoped that I could catch him that day and beat him to a pulp for hurting my sister and my nephew.These two weeks have been hectic looking for Sharaf and the our private investigator was on holiday.We had to take matters in our hand and the auction was coming up in one more week.As much as I like spending time with Inaayah I can't do it.I find my mother in her and she's my sister who advise me good and help me when I'm feeling down.She's always been here for me like Sharfa and Adam.

School is not fun without Tony,my best friend and brother who recently converted to muslim whose name is now Umar Leonard.He is a really good guy who came from a well-off family and has nowhere to stay.After informing Sharfa sbout his conditions,she gave her consentment.Even though he's a lecturer,he's fun to be around and is really soft natured and he's only 33.

I have known him for three years something and he has been of great help in every possible way.I just hope InshaAllah he finds himself a good practicing and beautiful wife.Im too young to think of marriage as I have to build my career,enjoy some good and happy moments with my family.One of the most important thing is to learn to respect all girls so that one day you can respect and love your own wife like she deserves.Wow Karim you've become so wise would have been Inaayah's words.i burst into laughter thinking of her expression and how I would try immitating some old funny actors.

Granny is here and will keep me busy in her works and will not spare me a minute of rest but the fact that I have an upcoming audition she let me free.Adam was working from home today and both Inaayah and I got bored looking at him so she brought him his black coffee and added sugar to it which he dislikes a lot.He took a sip and stared at her long and hard before ordering her to drink it herself instead she threw it on his pants.I was rolling with laughter this time.Not later even Ahmad joined and we had lot of fun.Inaayah was mostly our camera woman.I am really happy for Adam.After 3 years,he found himself someone worthy of him.They make a beautiful couple and soon they'll have a little them running everywhere.We all had a lot of fun and after retreating to our respective rooms,I got a call from James and our private investigator.It looks they have found something interesting.At last,we have a lead and InshaAllah,everything will return back to normal and that Sharfa lead a beautiful and happy life along with Ahmad

Whatever that is waiting for us tomorrow,no one knows and who would have known that hearts would have been broken....

TO BE CONTINUED.......

love you all guys.I get really motivated to write because of all my readers.But I would like it if you guys could maybe pinpoint some of my mistakes and how you really find it.And MTMB is soon coming to an end,There's only 2 to 5 chapters left.

something for you all : EVERYTHING IS GOING TO BE ALRIGHT MAYBE NOT TODAY BUT EVENTUALLY.