Chapter 19

Adam's P.O.V

Thank you granny for coming or else this stupid wifey of mine would have gone to her mom's house and stay for god knows how many days.I was grinning from ear to ear because now that granny is here she won't be going.

The day went by fast and I had to hide to complete my works for Inaayah kept pestering with the help of Karim and Ahmad but really I had a really good time.Its already midnight and I couldn't sleep thinking about a whole lot of things.I didn't even realise that granny was standing besides me with 2 cups of coffee.

"Adam whats wrong son and don't you dare say 'nothing' granny."

"Granny i never told Inaayah about Sharfa's past and she wants to know.I don't know where to start from and the fact that she gets worried quickly make me hesitant."

"So that's the problem.Simple.Tell her from the start and don't forget to mention your past also.I know what I'm telling you.Its for your well being and for your relationship.Tell me about the progress of Sharfa's case."

I told her everything and she was furious and demanded that the case be solved more quicker.I nodded my head before leaving to my room.

I was surprised to find Inaayah speaking to a glass of milk and giggled when she saw me,her face reddened and went under the covers.I rolled into laughter but then granny's words came to my mind.I carried my baby doll to the couch and placed her on my lap.My demeanour changed and looked her dead in the eyes."Inaayah whatever I'm telling you is really important for you to know and don't you dare interrupt me."

"Years ago Sharfa fell in love with a guy,a handsome one and well-off.He's an engineer and his name is Sharaf Rafeek.They got married no later and that's when her torture started.He was a demon disguised in the form of an angel.I never knew that she was beaten everyday for refusing him sex.After ten month of her wedding,Karim and I went to visit her but what we heard and saw terrified us and we got spitting mad.We barged inside and saw her clutching her stomach on the floor,her clothes ripped apart and bruises covered her body.We took care of Sharaf and put him behind jail for life.Not later they were divorced and Ahmad was born.She still has feelings for his ex and holds Ahmad dear to her.Recently someone bailed him with some blackmailing and he was the one to put both Ahmad and Sharfa in this condition.Apparently he is on the run and Insha Allah we'll find him."

She had tears seeping her cheeks and her sobs became louder making me sad of what she'll hear next and how she'll take it.I wiped her tears and shushed her till she became quiet and started with my past.

"What i'm going you tell you is crucial.When my parents died,I was only 6 then.It turns out that they were murdered by some law people.They were secret investigators and we rarely saw them.After their deaths,granny took care of us and when I became 18,I used my parents' money to pay for Sharfa's education and worked part time till I got enough money to run granny's business which was transferred in my name.At the age of 20,I met Sarah,a fair 5 feet blonde girl who was studying law at the university I attended.We became friends then best friends till we became lovers.At that time,my world revolved around her and I even got engaged to her.We lived under one roof and many time,we made out but never went further than this.When the date of our wedding was fixed,she left me and married my best friend who was much richer than me.From that time on,I became much closer to Islam and became who I am today.A better and religious muslim.My life was always about having fun and earn money.It took years to heal and I was hesitant to accept your proposal but now I don't regret my decision.I am lucky to have someone like you in my life."

After my confession,she pushed my hands away and went to bed without a word.I knew that she would have felt like that but at least she knows about it.

I approached her and try speaking to her but she was not responding.All I could hear were her loud sobs,my heart constricted looking at her like this.I took her by the hand and turned her towards me before telling her how much she means to me and continued blabbering until she told me to shut up.She then spoke:"I love you Adam but you could have told me all these earlier.This shows how much you trusted me and what I meant to you.You really are the worst.What else are you hiding from me tell me so that I know some more of your secrets....."

I placed my lips on hers but she pushed me once again and went to sleep not before throwing my pillow on the floor and muttered serves you good son of a fried potato.

I slept on the couch and looked at her sleeping form which made me quilty and regretful.I'm scared that she'll be like this tomorrow.

Inaayah's P.O.V

Granny is really funny and is a better cook than me.I had a really fun day annoying Adam and ......

Night time came sooner than I expected and little Adam hates milk.So I started scolding it and spoke gibberish with it and giggled when I found bunny looking at me.I felt my face heating up and covered my face with the comforter.He laughed at me and brought me to the couch and placed me on his lap.He started with Sharfa's past which made me so inconsolable and furious that I wanted to kill Sharaf with my own hands.

After that,he started with his past,his past love life which stirred some really annoying feelings;jealousy mixed with something else.He had that distant look as if he was with her which made me much more uneasy.Yuck he kissed her with those lips and oh my god what else could they have done?Even though this was his past I couldn't help but wanted to scold him a lot which I did after he was done.I even threw his pillow on the floor for him to sleep on the couch.Even if I would be myself once again tomorrow,I slept alone on my bed.

I felt happy when he said that I mean so much to him but really he could have told me earlier this son of a fried potato.Thinking of potato,I went to the kitchen after confirming that Adam was asleep.I ate chips and drank the milk that I found yucky earlier but the only difference is that it tastes great now.

Until next time lovely readers
Love you all so much😚😙