Chapter 21

Inaayah's P.O.V

Days became weeks and weeks became months and in these months we've found a lot about Sharfa's case.Three weeks after the incident,Sharaf's dead body was found in his condo.Apparently he was murdered and the culprit is not still found and for this reason,Adam reinforced the security around our house.

What caught our attention was the pile of letters found in Sharaf's drawer which spoke of his love for Sharfa and how he wish she gets someone far more better than him in the future.We all read his letters and couldn't hold our tears in but the last one held something more like a clue.For all we know,it was directed to Adam.I think he knew Adam would come after him and he had to inform him of all this.I guess we are lucky as we are updated about everything.I constantly think about his letters which happens to distract me from many things.

Watch out for your enemy.He is somewhere within your reach.Remember only someone who knows a lot about you can betray you.The one behind this is someone who knows your family well so be really careful.This might be my last letter and forgive me if possible.I might not have been the best person to your family but I was helpless for they threatened me and the only way I had left was to torture her so as to make her hate me for my actions.I wasn't nor am I the monster that you see.I regret every action I did in the past,only if my life was not so complicated....

from your dear brother in law,

Sharaf

I came out of my reverie when Adam pinched my cheeks to get my attention.I gave him a disapproving look and continued reciting some surah.He lied on my lap and stared at me while playing with the hem of my hoody.After finishing my recitation,I bent to kiss his forehead and the tip of his nose disturbing his sleep.I was observing his features and the way his chest heaved up and down.The sole thought about our children made me feel so giddy on the inside.Yes we are having twins and I am four months pregnant.

"What's in this little dirty mind of yours huh?"he asked me with his signature smirk.I reddened and look at my laptop before thinking of a reply,

"Ohh nothing just thinking how our baby will turn out to look like"

He laughed heartily and sat beside me signalling me to sit on his lap which I did after much pleading.The fact that Sharfa is living with us and the possibility of seeing us like this made me blush.We were enjoying an us moment when we heard Sharfa screaming at top of her lungs : "Ahmaaad"

Adam hurried upstairs while I wobbled upstairs with my protruding belly.When I reached there,I saw Ahmad clutching his stomach with pain lying on the floor.Adam scooped him up in his arms and brought him to the car.Both Sharfa and I got in and we went to the hospital where he was quickly attended.We didn't inform Karim yet as he's sitting for his examination and he'll be done in 1 hour.I silently sat in the waiting room making duah that everything is alright.

The doctor called us in his office after running some tests.I had an uneasy feeling that something is wrong.I sat quietly lost in my thoughts playing with my sleeves while Sharfa answered his questions etc...

"Miss Ahman I am sorry to say that your son might need surgery.After running some tests I have find out that he has gallstones and it can only be removed by surgery."The doctor told us waiting for an answer from us.

While Adam was paying the bill,I sat alongside Sharfa comforting her while the doctor was preparing for the surgery.There's 50 % that the surgery be a success and the other 50 a failure.An hour passed by quickly and I made Karim knowledgeable about this situation to which he started panicking and told me that he's bringing a friend along.

We all are in a state of sadness as Ahmad is so dear to us and is our light in the darkness.He always managed to make us smile in our most difficult moment.Unknowingly tears made their way down my cheeks making Sharfa lose her cool once again and sobbed loudly on my shoulder.Not later Karim made an appearance and presented us his friend,Umar Leonard.He consoled us while Adam went to the office as something important came up.All of a sudden,I felt light headed and walked to the balcony.I inhaled some fresh air and not a minute later I vomited everything I have eaten and lost my psychic composure.All I could remember is someone holding me.

I woke up in a small white room stinking of medicines and found my hand attached to an iv machine.Adam was sitting on the sofa,head in his hands which showed that something bad has just occurred.

''Adam what's wrong honey?Is it something to do with Ahmad or the office?Please tell me,I can't bear to see you like this."I told him and immediately he rose up from his place and hugged the life out of me muttering i love you's and don't ever scare me like this i thought I had lost you...I reassured him that I was okay but he told me no and blababla

"Inaa from now on don't stress yourself with anything.Your blood pressure was really high and it seems that you are not eating healthy.Take care of yourself and our munchkin as I can't imagine a day without you by my side"he told me with a frown which was later replaced with a smile.He placed a kiss on my forehead before informing me that Ahmad is out of danger and will regain consciousness in some time and that I will be discharged early morning tomorrow.

Adam's P.O.V

So much is happening in my life that I don't know what to do but I do know that it is a test from Allah.I am so thankful to him to give me such a beautiful and righteous wife like Inaayah and my future kids,my siblings,Ahmad,wealth and above all He's made me a better muslim.

It looks like Haniff,my friend who married Sarah 2 years back.He came to my office asking for me but instead of asking of me,he started inquiring about Inaayah making my blood boil.I diverted his attention from her and kept it strictly business.Then I saw Sarah walking in looking as beautiful as ever and she has not changed since the last time I saw her but then Inaayah is much more beautiful.Thinking of her made me smile when I heard someone clearing their throat.I did not accept their deal as this would cause me lot of loss.Not later,I was informed that Inaayah fell ill and she's been saying my name.

What worried me more was the last thing that Haniff told me : look closely and you'll find the one responsible behind all this.At first I suspected Haniff but something told me its not him as it is not in his nature to confront someone when he wronged that person.