Chapter 9

Adam's P.O.V

I never thought I would accept this proposal.I surprised myself by saying yes but never regretted that decision.From the time,I turned 22,grandma had already started looking for girls and even forced me to go and meet them.They were all daughters or sisters of rich businessmen and I didn't take a liking to them even if they were beautiful or matched my standards.Grandma stopped this for some months until she came back to me with a picture of Inaayah.

After lot of thinking,researches and asking for guidance from Allah,I accepted her as my future wife.Settling down at the age of 23 was not in my plan but Allah is the best writer and knows the best.I sat in my room getting ready for the nikkah when both Ahmad and Karim barged in my room and made a mess.Not later Sharfa and grandma came in looking beautiful as always and they were grinning from ear to ear.

"At last dear,you are going to get married and I'll get to see my grand-grand children very soon.Listen Adam,I've looked after you for years until you stood on your own feet and took the responsibilities of Karim and Sharfa.Today,you will be bringing a new girl into this house,make sure you love her as much as you love us or more.Never let her feel alone or incapable of doing things.She will be your better half and one day will carry your children.Honour her,correct her mistakes,share everything with her and trust each other.At first,it will be difficult for both of you to adapt but make it easy for each other,have patience,compromise and always trust each other.Understood?"Granny told me with a serious face.

I promise to always keep her happy,love her until it hurts and always trust her.After this we headed to the masjid for the nikkah.After the khutbah,I could not wait to look at my angel,Inaayah.When she came out from the women side,I couldn't take my eyes off her.She looked so beautiful in that white dress.I approached her,took her hand in mine and went inside to hug her and prayed 2 rakaat together.We went to the hall for the reception and walimah.After hours of sitting,stealing glances at Inaayah and laughing at her shyness,it was time for dinner.

Reaching our new house,Mary and Farida,the two helpers welcomed us and went to their house after some talk.We had some small conversation till we reached our room.I started feeling shy or lets say,I wanted to kiss those pink kissable lips that looked so inviting.She was busy taking off her hijab and other accessories when I scared her.Her expression was priceless.I couldn't help but laugh,that glare made her look cute.

  "I'm going to freshen up and in the meantime,you can start arranging your dresses in the wardrobe,"This was not meant to come out as an order but it seems like one. 

  "Okay i'll do as much as i can tonight but can you please help me with this dress,i'm having difficulty opening the zipper," she replied with a soft voice and the things she was doing was not helping at all. 

I took a cold shower and waited for her on the bed to pray esha.Meanwhile i was reciting surah mulk and she came out not later with a hello kitty pajama.She looked cute in that.She wore an abaya on top with a hijab and we prayed together.

I couldn't keep my hands to myself anymore.I closed the door and grabbed her hand as she had other ideas like hitting the bed and i so wanted to tell her my feelings.She raised her head to look at me and i admired her beauty while she did the same.I reached behind and let her hair down from the bun.MashaAllah she has long beautiful brown hair but She looks better with her hair down.

I broke the silence after taking a long breath by speaking my mind:"Inaayah,we are now husband and wife.I know at first,you will be shy with me but don't hesitate to ask me anything.This is a long journey and we have to stick together through thick and thin.Things don't always go the way we want it to go and you must know that things happen for the best.Life with me won't be easy,there will be time when i won't be present with you and times when your life will be threatened.You mean a lot to me and i hope you understand.I promise to keep you and our future children happy and spend as much time as possible with you guys.I love you Inaayah.I don't know when i started doing so but i'll keep loving you."

 She kept silent during my whole confession and then started crying.I was scared,I thought i told her some bad things.I took her face in my hand and dried her tears with my thumb.She then spoke:"You mean a lot to me and i'll try my best to make you happy and take good care of you.I don't know what our future holds and what obstacles we will have to overcome. I'll be by your side supporting you and I love you Adam Ahman."  

She surprised me with her words.I just hope she stays true to her words and love me with all she got.I could no more control myself,I wanted to cry and show her what she means to me.So i brought my face closer to her and kissed her passionately.I wanted to take it further and she gave me her permission and we ended up making love.