Merry freakin' Christmas {Gaara x atheist!reader}

You had grown up as an atheist, and never celebrated any Christian hallodays such as Christmast or easter, so when Gaara invited you to spend Christmas with him and his family,  you where a bit nervous. You knew the basics of Christmas, such as Jesus being born, and getting presents around a tree from a man called "santa", but that was about it.  Where you suppost to wear something special, or bring a certain thing?  Thoughts were racing through you mind when you tried to decide what to wear. In the end you came to the conclusion of a (f/c) dress, that outlined your curves. The elegant choice of clothing you wore swang side to side when you walked up to the red heads door. You knocked on the sand coloured door, closeing your eyes, trying to keep your racing heart rate to a minimum. The door swung open and there stood the man that made your knees buckle, your palms sweaty, your heart beat faster than humanly possible.

  "(f/n)! Nice to see you!" his eyes trailed down your body, making you feel exceedingly high strung. "Wow you dressed up very....nicely," he said with a chuckle, laughing at how you wore such a fancy dress when he was just wearing a red shirt. You shifted uncomfortably.

"I don't really know what you should wear on Christmas, so I kind of just put this on.," you mumbled trying to defend yourself.

"it's fine! You look nice, really. Oh! Come in! Come in! " he realized that you where shivering from the cold air  outsidw the Sandy door.  You walked in, looking around as you went into his living room,  and siting down next to him on his brown couch. "Temari's out with her new boyfriend, and Kankurō just didn't bother to show up," he stated, noticing your questioning glances.

"oh that's cool, " you put out a nice facade, but inside you were screaming, because Kankurō, one of the only people who knows about your feelings for Gaara, neglected to show up. And now you were all alone with this man, the man that you wouldn't describe as anything but perfect. You gaze met the trees, and you stared at it.  It interested you,  with its shimmering light and intoxicating colours.

Gaara looked at you, gave a gorgeous smile, took your hand, and walked over to the green, oversized plant.

"wow it's so pretty," you adored the tree, taking in all the nice peperment scents that it held in store.

"Oh what a pleasant surprise,"
"hm?"
You were scarlet when you put two and two together, and remembered what had happened the seconds before. Gaara had kissed you. He chuckled once more.

"Mistletoe."
"what? "
"Oh right you've never celebrated Christmas. As you probably know a mistletoe is a plant. But on Christmas if you stand under it with another person you have to kiss," he explained.

You laughed "oh!  That makes so much sense!" you laughed. Gaara suddenly moved you to the couch. "uh Gaara? " you questioned his actions.

"I-im sorry, I didn't mean....i didn't mean to make you cry,"he said in a low saddened tone.  You gasped in sudden realization of the liquid trailing down you face. You guessed it had hurt more than expected when he said it was just a mistletoe.

"Oh its okay! Something just got in my eye!" it hurt you to lie to Gaara, but you couldn't tell him the truth, for he was the kazekage, and had no time for romance, besides did he even like you? 

"Your lying," he announced at the ground, causing you to try to think of other ways you could convince him. "It's okay...." he whispered. "And I'm really sorry. It's just.... You looked so pretty and I've always kind of liked you. Well not kind of,  i-i-i love you.  But it's okay if you don't like me back.... Not many people do, " he sniffed, how could you do this to him, you thought.

"You're right I was lying. But I was lying because, when you explained it was just a mistletoe it made me really sad. But hearing that you like me back, makes me happy," you gave a slight smile, as Gaara looked up at you, bewildered at your pure beauty.

"So what does that make us? " Gaara asked, hope glimmering in his eyes.

"I don't care, as long as I'm with you," you responded, with a giggle.

He laughed, " thats kind of cheesy. Why don't we start up as a couple?" he suggested, the hope growing by the second.

"I don't see why not! Anyway can you tell me more about this 'Santa'?" You asked in pure bliss of what had happened today.
"okay but it's a long story! " he responded, a vortex of happiness surrounded the two of you as you talked all night.  It was the start of a beautiful relationship.