1. Miss Me?

Original Stats:
4.3K Views. 47 Votes. 5 Comments.

━━━━━━━━━

Miss Me?

━━━━━━━━━

A smile set upon Jack's face as he watched the time tick away on his phone. She would be here any minute. He had only been waiting to see her for a year now. It felt like mere minutes knowing that he would see her soon enough.

"Would you like this in a box?" The retailer asked as she held out the corsage to him. He nodded happily, remembering the first corsage he had bought for her. It was still buried at the top of Mount Seaford. Milton had been able to drag him anywhere.

"Yes, that'd be great." Jack said with a polite smile before taking the box out of her hand. She smiled before he raced off in the opposite direction. The new dojo was down at the pier, which was still a half hour away, if he ran. But if he showed up a little later, she would have already said her hello's to everyone. She hadn't seen them since the old dojo.

He frowned slightly at the thought of the old dojo. They had turned it into a daycare center now. He did love the new Warrior Academy, but it wasn't the same. They had made memories there, at the old dojo. That was the last time he saw Kim, was there. So much had changed in the last year.

He found himself walking slowly as he thought. Thought of his life so far. Moving to Seaford had changed him for the better. He never would have gotten back into karate, otherwise. He never would have made so many friendships that would last forever, either. He was thankful to say the least for such a great sensei, as well. Rudy had been partly a role model to him. Not in life, but definitely in karate. He was pretty messed up outside... Even inside the dojo.

Jack sighed as he walked inside the Warrior Academy. There were streamers hung from every corner while a, 'Welcome Home Kim!', banner hung at the back. He nodded in approval at what the guys had been able to do, despite his absence. He had been out all day, just to find the right piece of jewelry for Kim (pic at the top). He felt it was special. The two had had their first, and only, kiss under the cherry blossom tree by the dojo.

"Rudy, is everything okay? Where is everyone?" Jack called as he noticed his friends were missing from the supposed party that was scheduled to be going on. He was supposed to walk in right in the middle of the celebration. He looked up to Rudy's office as he strolled back and forth the mats. He had gotten slightly out of karate since Kim left. It felt wrong. But he was a sensei, now. Jerry and Milton waltzed in, carrying presents as Rudy rushed down the stairs.

"Jack." Rudy replied, more serious than anyone had ever heard him before.

"What?" Jack asked, hoping this wasn't as serious as Rudy was making it sound. He sighed and walked over to the three boys.

"Kim's plane was supposed to get in an hour ago." He started. Jack frowned as he looked to the clock up on the side wall. That had to be wrong. She told him five o' clock. She wouldn't do that. Unless she didn't want to come home.

"Yeah, man. Didn't you know?" Jerry teased as he patted Jack on the back.

"But she said she would come here the second she got off the plane." He mumbled as he began to pace the room once more. Something wasn't right. Kim and Jack were in... They liked each other a lot. She had to come here. He would do that for her.

"Maybe she doesn't know where the new location is." Rudy suggested hopefully. Jack shook his head as only one thought took him over. Kim would have called if she was confused. That's just the kind of girl she was. She asked questions.