13. Remembering and Forgetting

Original Stats:
920 Views. 22 Votes. 14 Comments.

━━━━━━━━━

Remembering and Forgetting

━━━━━━━━━

Jack walked around the mats as he watched to make sure the body builders stayed true to their agreement of not hogging the equipment. He shook his head as the clock stroke twelve. He didn't need to be here any longer. Lorie would be here any minute... possibly. But his mind had been running over his last conversation with Kim all week.

A week.

Those words hit him harder than anything else. It had been a week since his fight with Kim. She hadn't called. Not that he blamed her, he was the one that had hung up. He should have been the one to call by now. That's what boyfriends did...

But he wasn't her boyfriend any longer.

"Hey Jack! You want to close up and head over to Phil's and bowl for a bit?" Rudy called from upstairs. Jack shook his head, knowing he wouldn't be able to win anyways, but when he felt as horrid as he did, it would be even harder. Rudy would be asking him questions about Kim. He would want to try and help him, no matter how many failed relationships Rudy had had just over the span that the two had known each other. Jack sighed and walked back into the locker room, not wanting to talk with any of them. Milton and Jerry sat laughing happily on the benches in the center of the lockers. Jack walked around and opened his locker, pulling out his clothes before stalking off to change. He could hear Jerry's loud footsteps coming closer as he walked back out and almost slammed into him.

"Dude, we need to talk." Jerry started. Milton nodded as Jack pushed trough the two and walked back over to his locker, not wanting to deal with the two. They would also have some questions for him. He had surprisingly been able to avoid them his whole week, but as of today, it seemed as though everyone was hell bent on getting him to talk.

"Jack, we know how you feel-"

"No! You don't!" Jack cut in, feeling instantly bad for snapping at his friends. He shook his head and shoved his gi messily into his locker before slamming it shut. He could hear the rustling of people picking up their things out in the main area of the dojo. He shut his eyes tightly as he wished and wished he was anywhere but here. He felt a pat on his shoulder, brining him out of his little world. Milton and Jerry pushed him out into the now empty work out area of the academy and sat him down at a chair that had been set out in the mats. Rudy shut he doors and locked them tightly before slowly maing his way over. Jack knew this little 'conversation' they had roped him into, would be about the one person he couldn't get his mind off. He knew for a fact that they had seen his reactions to all of this and wanted to calm him down. They wanted Jack back. But Kim stood him away, never to return.

"Okay, Jack. I have something to ask you." Rudy started as Milton and Jerry took a seat on the mats in front of him. Jack shook his head, not wanting to talk about all of this. He was almost wishing Lorie would show up now.

"If this is about Kim, I'll pass." Jack stated simply as he attempted to get up off the chair. Rudy held his hands up, silently stopping his second sensei from leaving.

"This isn't about Kim. But it should be if you're going to keep acting like this. She will be back in a bit-"

"No, she won't. If she was willing to stay another three months, who says she's not going to stay for the rest of high school?" Jack countered as he crossed his arms over his chest. Rudy could tell this was all that had been swirling around in the boy's mind. He had lost hope in the fact that Kim would be home eventually.