11. Double Dating and Fab Five Parties - Part 3

Original Stats:
909 Views. 24 Votes. 7 Comments.

━━━━━━━━━

Double Dating and Fab Five Parties - Part 3

━━━━━━━━━

"You did not!" Lorie teased as she picked up her spoon. Jack nodded enthusiastically. It was true.

"Yes we did. Eddie took us on a geocaching thing and we ended up fighting some guys over at the docks. Eddie landed in fish guts but we got the prize." Jack explained, a smile taking over his face at the gang's old adventures. The four that were left barely did anything together anymore. Lorie laughed happily.

"What was the prize?" She asked expectantly. Jack shrugged, knowing it would seem stupid to her, but it was a symbol to the wasabi warriors. None of them would forget that day.

"A plastic rabbit. It was about an inch tall." Jack replied, feeling more happy at the thought than he had for a while. He missed the guys, and Kim, hanging out like they used to. He missed Eddie. He even missed Ty and The Black Dragons, to be perfectly honest. But most of all, he missed Kim.

"That was the prize? You guys went through all that, for a rabbit?" Lorie asked in disbelief, a hint of laughter in her voice. Jack nodded numbly.

"You wouldn't understand, I guess." Jack mumbled before standing up and throwing the plastic cup emptied of it's frozen yogurt away. Lorie sighed and stood up, walking swiftly over to his side and catching his arm.

"I guess I don't understand. But I didn't mean to upset you." She bargained, hoping Jack would give her yet another chance. She knew if she waited out his depression of Kim long enough, that she would be next in line to be his girlfriend. Which, was all she had wanted since the ninth grade.

"It's not you. It's just, everything's different now. Eddie moved away, Kim's been at Oti for the past year and now is staying all summer. While, the guys and I, can barely hang out anymore." Jack rambled before taking his seat once more. Lorie smiled slyly before plastering a look of fake care on her face. She pulled her chair over to sit closer to Jack before wrapping her arms around Jack's shoulders.

"Well you still have Milton and Jerry.... And me." Lorie whispered the last part, hoping it would cheer Jack up slightly. He laughed and nodded.

"You're right." He breathed. Jack was of course reluctant to accept the fac that he did now have Lorie here with him. He had wanted to keep his distance from her since he and Kim became an item.

"So, we are friends?" Lorie asked hopefully. She leaned in ever so slowly as she waited on the edge of her chair for his answer.

"Sure, I mean, we kind of we're before weren't we?" Jack played off cooly. He knew where Lorie would go if he gave her an inch. She would run a mile.

"As friends then, should we go to the beach together tomorrow?" Lorie asked hopefully. Jack sighed before feeling his phone vibrate in his pocket. He had turned off his ringtone for the double date. He pulled the phone up out of his pocket to see it was the one person he had been reluctant to call all week. "It's Kim."

*. *. *. *. *. *. *. *. *. *. *. *. *. *. *. *. *. *. *. *. *. *

"He could have killed me? You could have killed him!" Delia shrieked with excitement. Kim rolled her eyes.

"Delia! Garrett is sitting over there, devastated that you would do that to him." Kim tried once more. Delia's eyes dropped to the ground at the mention of her crush.