20. To Stay or To Leave

Original Stats:
661 Views. 23 Votes. 6 Comments.

━━━━━━━━━

To Stay or To Leave

━━━━━━━━━

Jack laughed as he sat down on the new bean bag chairs Rudy had brought in that morning. There was really no where to sit since the benches were now over at the Warrior Academy. Just yesterday they had arranged for the supposed 'mat guys' to come in and bring the old dojo back to it's original glory. They would be in to fix up the place at seven. Rudy had been pretty excited for the gang to see the old dojo once again. And Jack wasn't saying he wasn't just as, if not more excited about it as well.

Jack glanced towards the door as Jerry walked in with Mika by his side, the two making their way inside just before Rudy came out of his office.

"We're going to go look at Phil's old place." Jerry announced happily. Mika laughed and shook her head.

"What is it now?" Jack asked out of curiosity. Jack had had yet to race across to the right side of the strip mall and see just what had now taken the space over.

"It's apparently a pizza buffet." Jerry said with a smile before he held up a flyer and handed it to Jack. Jack took it with ease as Jerry continued, "All I know is I smelled cheese. Don't wait up." Jerry began pulling Mika back out of the dojo and towards the buffet. Jack rolled his eyes.

"Don't eat too much!" Jack called with a smile as he watched Rudy's face light up at the sight across the mall. He knew that particular face all too well. "You can probably tag along, Rudy."

"Good!" Rudy cheered before he practically bolted out of the dojo. Jack sighed in relief of having the place to himself before laying his head back on the chair. He had missed the small, silently serene moments he was almost never given. Having the dojo back had calmed him a little. He was less on edge than he had been since he had lost both Kim, and this place. Now all he needed was Kim. But he was okay for now. That was of course before the small squeak of the door brought him back to his senses. He opened his eyes, a small frown forming on his face as he saw the urgency on those entering the dojo.

"We need to talk." Grey called as she and Milton came into the dojo. Milton shut the doors soundly behind him, locking them with caution before joining Jack and Grey at the center of the mats.

"What's up?" Jack asked simply. "Rudy will probably be back in a second with a box of pizza from the buffet." Jack teased before realizing how serious Milton and Grey were seeming. "What is it?" Milton glanced over to Grey.

"Should I start or should you?" He asked his girlfriend as he held her hand tightly. She shrugged.

"I don't think it matters. All we need to do is tell him." Grey urged as she played with their hands. "I could go first." Grey suggested, both still holding true to their serious composures. Jack huffed and stood up, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Well someone needs to go first." Jack stated simply. He hated when couples were indecisive about such seemingly important matters. Milton nodded.

"Go." Grey sighed and dropped Milton's hand as she took a small step towards Jack.

"You know how you and Milton put Shane away for turning into a crazy spy?" Grey started warily. Jack nodded, worried this would lead to somewhere he didn't want it to.

"Yeah... Why?"

"Shane escaped from prison yesterday morning. The FBI is looking everywhere but they think he's headed for us since we're the ones he wanted revenge on in the first place." Grey explained worriedly. Milton nodded as he motioned for them to sit once more. Jack threw himself down onto the bean bag chair while Milton and Grey took a seat on the cool tile below them. This was the worst thing that could have happened.