4. From Kim to Lindy

Original Stats:
1.3K Views. 31 Votes. 19 Comments.

━━━━━━━━━

From Kim to Lindy

━━━━━━━━━

Jack laughed alone as he poked at his lunch. This stuff had never been edible, but if they didn't eat it, Marge would kill them. Especially since she knew the Wasabi Warriors better than anyone at this school.

"Jack? Did you hear me?" Milton called as he pushed his lunch tray closer to his friend. He took over Kim's old seat at their table as he moved over to sit next to his friend. Jerry leaned in, wondering just what was wrong with his friend. He had been spacing out all day.

"No. I'm sorry, man. What did you say?" Jack asked, feeling slightly out of place as of the moment. He didn't feel like he was supposed to be at school. He was scheduled to be failing his finals as it was, but with Kim not showing up last night, he was even more frazzled. Thus, his finals had been going even worse.

"-And then my dad decided he would buy me a pet raccoon." Milton finished teasingly. Jack nodded along as he picked up his fork and pushed what could only be thought of as pasta around on his plate.

"That's great." Jack mumbled. He sighed as he let his elbow rest on his knee, his chin taking claim in the palm of his hand as he stared blankly forward at his lunch. The only thing running through his mind being Kim. She's all he's thought about since the second they met. He used to tease her about having a crush on him simply because he was head over heels for her. But as of now, she was literally the only thing he could concentrate on.

"Jack, you're not even listening to me. Why on earth would my father allow me to have a raccoon in my house? I'm terrified of raccoons!" Milton stated seriously as he watched his friend. Jack breathed out heavily as he let his hand run through his hair. This was going from bad to worse. He couldn't lose his friends while he was mourning over his loss of Kim.

"My mom would let me have a raccoon in the house... As long as she didn't know about it. I could probably sneak left overs into my room to feed it, though. That's actually an awesome-"

"No, Jerry. No it's not. Please, and I speak for everyone on the planet when I say this, do not do that. Ever." Milton interrupted before looking back to see a slight smile on Jack's face. "Maybe the raccoon thing was a good enough idea to make Jack feel better." Milton pointed out as he patted Jack on the back.

"Thanks for trying to cheer me up. And Jerry, you really shouldn't get a raccoon. But it's just..." Jack left off, the image of Kim playing in his head. He would he heartbroken about this for weeks. Milton nodded as his own mind fell to the black belt beauty that he had auctioned off so long ago. Those were the days.

"It's Kim, isn't it?" Milton whispered, trying not to upset his friend even more.

"Duh! Where have you been Milton?" Jerry scoffed before leaning back in his chair. He let his feet flop up to rest on the table before he pushed back just far enough in his chair for him to fall backwards. Jack and Milton jumped as Jerry hit the ground with a groan. "I'm okay!"

"Sure." Milton mumbled before picking up his tray, Jack following. Jerry had done that enough times for them not to worry. "Look on the bright side, Jack. We get out of school early today, and Rudy's taking us out on the town. We can sleep in, run like the real men do-"

"Thanks for that, Milton. And you don't have to worry, I will be there. I need to get out, anyways. I can't just sulk in my room all day and night." Jack interrupted, knowing what Milton had been thinking.