9. Double Dating and Fab Five Parties - Part 1

Original Stats:
1.1K Views. 25 Votes. 8 Comments.

━━━━━━━━━

Double Dating and Fab Five Parties - Part 1

━━━━━━━━━

Jack closed his eyes and shook his head before he threw himself down onto Milton's bed.

"I am not going on a double date. That's final." Jack groaned through the sheets of his best friend's bed before he felt the weight shift slightly to his left. He moved his head to the side to see Milton had sat down next to him.

"Oh come on! I don't want Grey and I's first date to be awkward. And she knows you! But, I don't want you to feel like a third wheel." Milton explained, the desperation leaking from his voice. Jack rolled his eyes and flipped over to face the ceiling. He let his hands clasp over his stomach as he contemplated what to do. This didn't sound too bad, but he was also still upset about Kim. It had been just over a week since she hasn't returned home. Even worse, it had been a week since he had broken up with her. He was still so hung up on the fact.

"Can I take Jerry as my date?" Jack teased, knowing he was no where near ready to go out with a girl. She would immediately assume that he was in it for the long haul, which he wasn't. He was simply waiting out his time until Kim returned. But if his plan to get her back here worked before the school year started, he wouldn't have to be waiting too long. Milton shook his head before hopping up off the bed once more, pulling out different shirts from his closet soon after. The room was already littered with almost everything that had previously been inside.

"No, you can't. I kind of knew you would do that, so I called someone already." Milton added warily. Jack's eyes widened as he shot up from the bed, instantly at Milton's side.

"You did what?" Jack hissed as he fisted up the shoulder of the Warrior Academy t-shirt his friend still wore from earlier before spinning him around to face him. "Milton I swear-"

"I called Lorie!" Milton interrupted before covering his face with his hands. Jack huffed in slight disgust before dropping Milton's shirt from his grasp.

"You. Called... Lorie?" Jack repeated. Milton moved his index fingers away from his eyes so he could see Jack, but Jack could barely see him. The red haired boy nodded slowly, earning a groan from his friend. "God! You know she's still in love with me right? She gave me a heart shaped balloon in front of Kim before I was about to leave for Oti! It almost completely ruined my chances with her, Milton! I. Will not. Do. This." Jack spelled out for Milton firmly before turning and walking towards the window. Milton sighed as he followed his friend, stopping just behind him.

"The only reason I called her is because I knew she wouldn't say no." Milton explained, his voice taking on a more defeated tone to it. Jack breathed out as he turned back to Milton.

"If I say yes to this, it isn't going to be like your first date with Julie? Where Kim and I were ever so rudely asked to leave five minutes in." Jack asked sarcastically as he patted Milton on the shoulder. Milton shook his head.

"Only if you get tired of Lorie. I know you used to like her, but I also know that you've gotten over her and are in love with Kim-"

"Whoa, I am not in love with Kim. I just... Like her... More than words can describe." Jack defended before walking over to the door.

"Yeah, there's actually is a word for that." Milton called as Jack stood in the doorway. He turned around just as a sly look took over Milton's face. "That word is love, Jack."