15. Partying in the Club and Kissing at the Mall

Original Stats:
769 Views. 30 Votes. 14 Comments.

━━━━━━━━━

Partying at the Club and Kissing at the Mall

━━━━━━━━━

Jack threw himself down against the booth as he watched Jerry attach himself to every girl on the dance floor. For some odd reason, they were all strangely attracted to him. He held back a laugh as his eyes met Milton's, his friends expression summing up what was going on inside his head. He was disgusted by Jerry grinding with the girls. Milton shook his head and swiftly made his way over to sit next to Jack.

"You feel better?" Milton asked, the music blaring over his voice. But Jack was still able to make out what he was saying. He nodded, a small smile taking form on his face. He had been down all week because of Kim. Then Lorie had been trying to flirt with him as well. He needed a guys night out.

"Yeah, tons actually. How did you get us fake I.D.'s?" Jack questioned as he picked up the card off the table. Milton shrugged, pulling his own out of his pocket.

"I know a guy. And I'm not proud of it." Milton replied simply. Jack's smile grew as he put the pieces together.

"This guy, it's Grey, isn't it?" Jack teased as he lightly punched Milton's arm on the table. Milton's eyes grew wide at the mention.

"No, of course it's not her. She would never... Well, let's face it, she totally would. But it wasn't her." Milton replayed as Jack ran over a mental list of Milton's nerd friends. Each had the means and the smarts to do some sort of criminal action.

"Well, either way, thanks. I needed to get my mind off things. And punching a dummy wasn't helping all that much." Jack thanked as he and Milton leaned back in the booth. Milton laughed and nodded before his eyes trailed around the edge of the booth and over to the other side of the club. Jack turned around to see Grey and Lorie walking over to them, each wearing an equally sequined dress. Lorie wore a red dress with red lipstick and her hair curled while Grey wore a blue dress with her hair also curled and a light blue lipstick. Lorie smiled and took a seat next to Jack in the booth. He sighed quietly, already feeling his chest tighten at the stress that was building from her simply sitting next to him..

"Hey Jack." She whispered as she wrapped her arm around his and laid her head on his shoulder. He stiffened against her as images of Kim flashed over his vision. He was fine with the two being friends, but the thought if them together recently, made his head spin, and not in the good way. Not that there was one. Either way you ended up dizzy.

"Lorie, we need to talk." Jack whispered, trying not to cause a scene. She nodded slowly, standing and waiting for him to join her on his feet. Milton threaded his fingers with Grey's as he stood up before looking to make sure Jack was okay. Jack nodded, silently telling him to head off to the dance floor without him. He wanted to be home more than ever right now. He grabbed onto Lorie's wrist and pulled her over to the door and outside. The two walked in silence until they hit the quiet street corner. The lamp just a few feet away lit up the corner while the lights of the cars and night lit buildings brought up more light. Lories dress reflected the light of the lamp onto the ground in red specs, ones that had a sleep deprived Jack distracted. Lorie frowned as she studied his face, wondering just what excuse he could have come up with now to keep them apart. She could see it in his eyes that he was planning on splitting them up tonight. But that would be the last thing to happen if Lorie got her way.

"What is it?" She ventured. Jack sighed and looked back up to her. Knowing that he had to do this if he wanted Kim back someday.

"Lorie, we're not dating."