8. A Vote Means Yes in Our Group

Original Stats:
1.1K Views. 25 Votes. 12 Comments.

━━━━━━━━━

A Vote Means Yes in Our Group

━━━━━━━━━

Jack laughed as Jerry fell to the ground in exhaustion.

"Come on, man! You can do better than that." Jack teased as he bent over to help his friend stand up. Jerry shook his hand away as he continued to lay out on the mats of the empty dojo. Only Jerry, Rudy, Milton, and Jack were in the dojo for a training day. They had held the closed sign up so they could have the dojo to themselves once again. Just like the old days when there had only been five or less students... Including Kim and Eddie.

"No way! I am not getting up, yo! That was bad enough." Jerry whined as he let his arms flail out to his sides. He took a deep breathe in and blew it out with full force as his t-shirt stuck to him like a second skin. Rudy and Jack were barely breaking a sweat, though. How, was the question Jerry was dying to ask.

"Come on, Jerry! Be a man!" Rudy yelled as he set his hands down on his knees, trying to be as firm to the tone as possible. Jack rolled his eyes and flopped down next to Jerry, sitting first then bringing his legs into his chest as he wrapped his arms around them. He felt fine, unlike Jerry. His heart felt as though it had been through everything imaginable. But he wasn't panting like Jerry was, still. Milton laughed and walked over, carrying a smoothie from the smoothie bar.

"Here, try this." He suggested with a smile as he sat down next to Jerry as well. Jerry shot up at the mention of food. The only thing Milton had proved to be good at, in terms of cooking, had indeed been making smoothies. Jerry snatched the glass out of his friend's hand before slurping down as much as he could possibly take in. Jack rolled his eyes before he stood up, walking over to smoothie bar and sitting down again. Milton and Jerry turned on the tv on the other side of the dojo by the lockers before stumbling onto some cartoon they were obsessed with. Jack groaned quietly as the theme song rang through the dojo like an annoying doorbell. It was stupid to keep watching pointless shows like that, especially when they were in the middle of training. Rudy smiled as he walked over and took a seat next to Jack, hoping he could get into his head a little more. He had been closed off since Kim had left. Even more so since the Thursday when she was supposed to return home.

"You can't blame them for wanting to watch that. It makes for a great story line." Rudy started, trying to hit it off lightly before he hit him with the hard cheese. Jack nodded slowly, instantly disagreeing with Rudy's argument.

"Just the same as the rest." Jack mumbled, running his mind over the other cartoons the two watched. Milton had taken over Eddie's place as Jerry's best friend, leaving Jack and Kim to spend even more time together. That was originally why Jack thought they had gotten together so quickly after Eddie's leaving. But now, Jack had been spending more and more time with Rudy, knowing that Milton was still always there because of their spy days, Jerry not far behind, as well. He knew his place in the group, though. He was the leader, always has been, always will. And the leader's roamed alone. He didn't need a sidekick, or a specific best friend. He just needed the three in the room with him as a whole.

"Jack, just tell me one thing." Rudy said, instantly cutting to the chase. Jack looked up to his sensei as he waited for him to continue. "Did you break up with Kim because she wasn't coming home now, or because you thought that she was never coming home?" Rudy asked. Jack sighed as he ran his fingers through his hair. He knew he would have to answer to Rudy. It was almost required between the two.