14. Mystery Cars and Tom's Party

Original Stats:
1.3K Views. 39 Votes. 21 Comments.

━━━━━━━━━

Mystery Cars and Tom's Party

━━━━━━━━━

Jack kicked out into the dummy with full force as he knocked it down to the ground. Something he hadn't done for a while. It felt good to be back into the swing of things like old times. He did miss karate, but not as much as he missed Kim. He felt bad that he hadn't called her in a week. He knew that if his plan was going to work, he couldn't keep cracking under the pressure of simply wanting the title 'her boyfriend', or of her as his girlfriend. He needed to stay away from Kim long enough for her to realize just where she needed to be. She belonged here, in Seaford. That's all there was to it.

"Jack? How long have you been down here?" Rudy called as he walked down the stairs of the dojo. Rudy's office was surprisingly small for the whole renovations factor. Jack took in a deep breath as he picked up the dummy. He was slightly hoping he was alone here. Not that he didn't enjoy Rudy's company. But Rudy could be quite invasive when he wanted to be.

"Did the dummy falling to the ground tip you off to the fact I was here?" Jack teased. Rudy shook his head and made his way over to his second sensei's side. He knew there had to be something still bugging Jack if he was still here. He had been training all day.

"Serious, why are you here so late? You need some sleep, you've been training all day since I entered you in the competition. They're actually putting the posters of the dojo getting back into competition all over here, and in Illinois." Rudy rambled as the man's excitement grew by the second. Jack nodded, a small smile gracing his face at the mention of his face, and his friend's, being plastered at different places around the US. It was crazy to think so many people cared about them, even after their year long break from competition.

"That's awesome, Rudy." Jack stated before walking over to the juice bar and taking a seat. Rudy smiled and followed Jack to the next seat over. He was hoping he would get a moment alone with Jack. He honestly wanted to talk some sense into him. Let him know that Kim would be back eventually, even if that did mean she would be gone this summer.

"You're going to win this thing, Jack. But take the training a little slowly. You can't just dive right in after almost a year of training... whenever. You'll get hurt." Rudy tried. He knew Jack wanted this more than anything right now. But he couldn't have him getting hurt. He was his second sensei, and his ticket back into competitions. But there was also the minor fact that these kids were his best friends, but whatever. Jack nodded reluctantly. Knowing he had been able keep his mind occupied all day. He had had time to think things through rationally, instead of always sitting back and thinking the worst of things. Though, there was only one way to think about both Kim and Lorie.

"I know. I'm heading home, Rudy. You don't need to worry." Jack teased as he stood up and made his way over to his bag sitting by the door. He slung the strap over his shoulder and turned to wave to Rudy on his way out. The door shut quietly behind him, almost throwing him off when he couldn't hear the click. He shook his head and decided to simply head home. It was already nine o' clock, anyhow. The entire dock was closed down and there was only the random supermarkets that would be open. He walked until he reached the parking lot, seeing a single car waiting for him. He laughed and ran over, jumping into the back seat and closing the door before a suit was thrown at his face.

"Put it on. We're going out tonight." Milton said in a serious voice. Jack rolled his eyes and threw his bag onto the floor. Taking a closer look at the suit.