19. Who Could Have Guessed?

Original Stats:
797 Views. 24 Votes. 18 Comments.

━━━━━━━━━

Who Could Have Guessed?

━━━━━━━━━

Jerry smiled and reached out for her hand as they slowly got closer to the dojo. He knew everyone was wondering just what had happened between the two three days ago. It was now Thursday, and he hadn't said a word to any one of them about Mika and himself.

"I came back for you, Jerry." Mika breathed as she reached out for his hand. He shook his head. He knew exactly how this would go. She would get back together with him until their first fight, then run back to Hakmakestan. He didn't want that again. He couldn't handle that again.

"No, Mika. You didn't." Jerry muttered before turning around and walking off in the other direction. He could hear Jack trying to run after him, trying to stop him from leaving the only girl he had ever really fallen for behind. But Milton was smart enough to stop him. Jerry could hear the fighting words of his best friends while Mika simply stayed back and watched as Jerry exited the bowling alley.

Jerry continued on down the boardwalk until the loud thumping of someone running in flip flops caught his attention. He glanced over his shoulder to see Mika had caught up to him. She was stopped just three feet from him.

"Jerry please." She tried. She couldn't lose him again. It had been hard enough for the both of them when she had left. She wasn't giving up without a fight. Jerry knew that all too well. He had once had that determination the first time they had gotten together. Not that the same fire burning behind her eyes wasn't still burning in his as well. He could barely hold himself back from pulling her into a hug.

"No. I can't do that again." Jerry relayed as he looked off ahead to see the sun was at it's highest point of the day. He loved this time. It was time for lunch.

"Jerry, I'm not going anywhere this time. That was the biggest mistake I've ever made." Mika went on, hoping she would be able to win him over just easy enough for them to try things again.

"I really don't think I can take it. What if you do leave again?" Jerry countered as he finally turned to face her. She shook her head.

"I won't."

"But how do you know?" Jerry kept on stubbornly. Mika pressed her lips together before motioning that they sit off to the side. Jerry nodded and followed her over to the small red bench along the edge of the pier. Just underneath them was the shoreline of the ocean, people playing without a care in the world along the sand.

"You have to believe me. Or at least give me a chance." She began as she played with the end of her dress. Jerry stared straight ahead, not wanting to give in. He couldn't. Not unless he wanted to feel his heart being ripped out once again. "I'm serious."

"I know you are. But what if-"

"There is no, what if, Jerry. I won't. I can tell you right now that I'm not leaving. Not without you. If it means that I spend our last year of high school here in Seaford, I'm fine with that. I just want to see if we still have what I know we had." Mika said firmly before grabbing onto his hand that sat in between the two. "And I know we do." Jerry smiled at the touch, knowing just how much he had missed this. He had missed having Mika as his own. He sighed and nodded.

"Okay. Maybe I'd be up for this."

The renewed couple pushed through the double doors of the dojo to see all heads turn to face them. Grey was leaning against the back wall, watching as Milton attempted to beat Jack in a sparing match. Jack laughed as he flipped Milton to the ground once more, brining a distressed Grey to the mats to flip Jack over along with her boyfriend. Jack hit the ground with a thud and a small groan from his mouth while Milton snickered off to the side.