5. A Girl Named Grey and a Room Colored Pink

Original Stats:
1.2K Views. 30 Votes. 8 Comments.

━━━━━━━━━

A Girl Named Grey and a Room Colored Pink

━━━━━━━━━

Jack breathed a sigh of relief as the bell rang throughout the hallways. He threw his bag over his shoulder before storming out of the classroom for the last time this year. He walked until he hit the now open doors of the school.

"This was it", he thought, "The last day of junior year." He smiled brightly as he pushed through the crowd and walked out onto the sunny sidewalks that held Seaford High back from the rest of the world. He walked until he got to the bus stop, waiting for Jerry and Milton to meet him there. It was only a short walk from here to the new dojo. He jumped as he heard Milton walk up behind him.

"Hey-"

"Shhh!" Milton hissed before he brought his phone up to his ear.

"Who the hell is so important?" Jack teased as he gestured to himself. Milton rolled his eyes as he waited for the mystery person to answer the phone.

"Hey! I didn't think you would pick up... Yes I know you just called." Milton started happily. Jack frowned as he pushed his hands into his pockets awkwardly. Who could he be talking with?

"Hey, man." Jerry greeted as he patted Jack on the shoulder. Jack held his finger over his lips as he tried to silently tell Jerry to be quiet. Jerry frowned as he leaned over slightly to see Milton on the phone. "Who's he talking to?" Jerry whispered before he began to walk down the familiar way to the dojo. Jack shrugged as he reached back and fisted up a piece of Milton's shirt, pulling his along with the two before Milton slapped his hand away.

"Yeah, that's where. So you're coming to Seaford?" Milton asked hopefully. Jack rolled his eyes before jumping over to Milton's side and snatching the phone from his hands. This had to be a girl, and it certainly wasn't Julie. He laughed before racing ahead of the two, holding the phone securely by his ear.

"Hey, this is Jack. Who might Milton be speaking with?" He teased, his voice coming out in breathy chunks because of his running.

"Jack!" Milton called angrily as he ran after his friend. A girl laughed on the other side of the phone before answering.

"Jack, huh?" She said, sounding as though she was laughing once more. Jack frowned as he began to jog at the shock. He had heard this girl before.

"Grey?" He asked in disbelief. She laughed once more.

"Never thought your head from me again, did you?" She teased as she shuffled around on the other side of the phone. A smile set on Jack's face at the memories of their spy days.

"Did you hear about-"

"Shane? Yeah, Thunderberg told me. I'm not going to lie and say I was shocked, though." Grey replied. Jack laughed lightly at her feistiness. She hadn't changed a bit.

"I know, there was always something off about him-" Jack left off as Milton ripped the phone back out of his hand. Milton huffed before taking over the conversation.

"Um, I was talking to Grey." Jack stated sarcastically as he let his arms cross over his chest.

"Well are you trying to ask Grey on a date, I don't think so." Milton whispered as he held his hand over the phone. His face fell flat as he let the girl speak again. "You heard that... Yeah, it's true... Really!" Milton practically squealed. Jack laughed before Jerry pulled him over to the side.