12. Possibly Falling For...

Original Stats:
1K Views. 24 Votes. 14 Comments.

━━━━━━━━━

Possibly Falling For...

━━━━━━━━━

Jack rolled his eyes, pushing his sun glasses further up onto the bridge of his nose as he leaned back on the sand. He closed his eyes tightly as he tried to keep calm, not that the sun and the sand wasn't helping him do that. of course he didn't exactly enjoy his company today at the beach. But at least he did have someone to be here with other than Milton and Grey, the newest and most clingy couple. Milton punched Jack's shoulder lightly as he tried to keep the mood light. The two boys not even sure how this had happened.

"Jack, I think you need to cool off." Grey teased as she leaned her head against Milton's shoulder. Milton smiled and nodded as he motioned for Lorie to grab the bucket off to the side. Jack shook his head instantly, keeping his eyes closed as he refused the offer of a swim. The hot sand under his hands felt good compared to the fight he had had with Kim the night before.

"No." Jack muttered as he let his hands take claim under his head, acting as a pillow. Lorie rolled her eyes and calmly walked across the sand to the water. Jack had been in a bad mood since they met up this morning. They had already been at the beach for an hour and he had barely said two words to her. One of which was his response to the water. She pulled the bucket through the water before letting the bucket dangle by the handle in the palm of her hand.

"Jack, do you not want to be here with Lorie? Cause I can make up-"

"Milton, I'm fine. It's just a really hot day to be at the beach. Maybe we should have come at night or something." Jack interrupted quickly. He hated how everyone still assumed that he hated being around Lorie. Yes, it was true that he didn't like her, like her, the way he did so many years ago, but she was becoming a loyal friend. He liked that he finally had another girl friend in his life. He screwed that up with Kim so fast anyhow. The second they had met, he had developed feelings for her. Feelings that he had had to fight for three years straight. Then, when he finally asked her to be his, and she said yes, she had to leave.

"Jack, you really need to get in a better mood." Grey snapped suddenly. She pushed up off the ground and walked until her shadow covered Jack. He lifted his sunglasses slightly to looked up at one of his co-spies.

"Why? Wouldn't it be better if I left anyway? Then you and Milton would get some alone time." Jack asked, half serious about his words. Grey rolled her eyes.

"You're an idiot." Grey snapped before she made her way back over to Milton's side. She knew she had no say in what would happen with Jack and the others.

"My grades would beg to differ." Jack snipped. He sighed and pushed his glasses up to the bridge of his nose once more. He actually had pretty bad grades at the end of the term. he hadn't had Kim there to help him study. He also hated that Milton had someone that he wanted to spend every second with. He was happy for him, don't get him wrong, but he wanted that back. He wanted Kim. But she was evidently with Ricky Weaver now. They broke up, just like she had pointed out last night. She could see whoever she wanted. Even if it was that creep.

"Jack, I agree with Grey. You need to cool off." Lorie stated suddenly. Jack frowned as he moved his glasses away again, only to see the girl he had come here with holding the blue bucket Milton had brought to make a sand castle. This was not good.

"You know what? I think I will go get into the water." Jack tried as he shot up off the sand. Lorie shook her head as she swiftly threw the contents of the bucket Jack's way.