2. Leaving Kim Behind

Original Stats:
2K Views. 37 Votes. 4 Comments.

━━━━━━━━━

Leaving Kim Behind

━━━━━━━━━

Jack walked through the door of his two story house quietly, knowing his entire family would be fast asleep by now. His parents went to bed at about seven-thirty because of how early they had to get up every morning. They had all known he would be out most of the night, though. Since Kim was coming home. He shook away the thought as it entered his mind. He needed to forget about her. She obviously forgot about him,

He took careful steps up the stairs as he made his way to his room. He had spent most of the night out on the beach. Given, it was only seven-thirty now. He stepped inside his room and closed the door quickly, shutting it with care before flipping on the lights. His room lit up within seconds for him to see how well he had cleaned up for his old girlfriend, thinking she and him would be hanging out around here the following day. He reached inside his pocket and pulled out the necklace he had planned to give her. He tossed it aside and onto his desk next to his textbooks he had to turn in tomorrow. It was their last day of school. Kim should have already been out, though. She should be here. She should have at least called. He would have sprung for it just to have her let him down that way, instead of this silent game they were now in. He didn't know what was happening, which he hated the most.

Rudy had texted and had told him that she had yet to reply to any of their pleads for her attention. He knew Jerry would have sent one, or five texts, given up quickly and went to get a pizza. Rudy would have called once or twice to see if he could get ahold of her before waiting for her to call him back. And Milton, he would go crazy at the fact that their dojo's reunion hadn't gone as planned. Kim's phone was probably turned off by now, what with all the calls and texts she was getting.

There was no point in him tying to get ahold of her, as well. If the others were failing, she wasn't about to drop everything to talk to him, either. If she refused to even tell them in advance that she wasn't returning, he shouldn't be the one to make her talk.

He was too mad at her to talk with her, anyway. He would end up saying something that he would regret later, if she ever did return home. He would just have to wait. He would have to keep that stupid necklace as a reminder that maybe, if he wanted it had enough, she would come back to him. Then, he would finally be able to say his goodbye to her.

*. *. *. *. *. *. *. *. *. *. *. *. *. *. *. *. *. *. *. *. *. *

Kim let her eyes close as she breathed out heavily. She thought she had been rid of this kid the second she threw him after the concert. What on earth could he have done to get himself into Witness Protection? She knew he was crazy to say the least, but he would have had to have gotten into something with a major criminal if he was here. This was something his agents and publicists, couldn't get rid of on their own.

"Ricky? May I ask why you're here?" Kim started as she lifted her right hand up to her forehead to rub her temples, attempting to keep her anger down. She blew off Jack and the others for the chance of a lifetime, and this was that chance. She saw no contest, whatsoever. She should be back in Seaford. That's all there was to it. She didn't need to be here, helping some kid who she hated with all her heart.

"I could ask you the same thing, Kimmy." Ricky teased as he sat back down in his chair, brining his arms up to rest behind his head. Kim rolled her eyes at the use of the worst nickname in history. That, and the fact that he was trying to act as though he was the sexiest man alive.