Prologue

Feathershine is carrying a briefcase between her teeth as she pads up to the front door of "Finchfeather Counseling and Co". 

Feathershine: Ugh, great. *starts pawing through her pockets.* Finchfeather is late again... well, later than I am. I was named after her for a reason.

The she-cat finally manages to pull the keys out of the bottom of her pocket and unlocks the door, sliding into the dark building.

Feathershine: It's cold in here. *shivers slightly as she flicks on a light switch.* 

Behind her, a brown-furred she-cat rushes in, panting and carrying a hot cup of coffee. She sets the coffee on the front desk and whirls around on her paws.

Nettlebounce: FEATHERSHINE! You have got to turn on your phone!

Feathershine: I was going to! At... some... point in time.

Nettlebounce: *sighs softly.* Your aunt is dead.

Feathershine pauses, looking more stricken with surprise rather than grief. She quickly shakes her head, staring at the front-desk cat, who is booting up her computer and sipping her coffee.

Feathershine: Oh...

Nettlebounce: That's the expression I was expecting from you... anyways, we have a plethora of things to deal with, so you better get to your office.

Feathershine: *mutters to herself.* Fine, fine... but can you have Petalbounce bring me some tea? His pizza place recently expanded into the breakfast, as I've heard.

Nettlebounce: That announcement came out this morning... how would you know that and not know that your aunt is dead?

Feathershine: Uh, obviously because I read the paper. Don't judge.

Nettlebounce: Okay then.

Feathershine pads away from her, eyes wide as she turns down a hallway toward the offices. She pads into a small room and flicks the light switch.

Feathershine: *mutters to herself* My first order of business is to name the company.

In a daze of thought, she stares blankly at the wall of her office, zoning out onto a small plaque reading "Finchfeather Counseling and Co".

Feathershine: *leaps up.* I GOT IT! We'll go with "Feathershine Counseling and Co." *presses a small buzzer on the wall.* We've got a name, Nettlebounce.

Nettlebounce: Oh for StarClan's sake, I can hear your voice from down the hall! Just come to the front desk if you need to talk.

Feathershine sighs dramatically and lets go of the buzzer. She reluctantly trots to the front of the building.

Feathershine: I came up with a name - Feathershine Counseling and Co.

The front door jingles, and a black-and-ginger tortoiseshell pads in, accompanied by a frail ginger tom. 

Mottledleaf: That's very creative of you. *rolls her eyes.*

Nettlebounce: Hi Mottledleaf... and hello Fireheart.

Fireheart: *blabbers.* ...hi Graystripe! Do you want to hunt with me? That's great! Let's go get some squirrels near the ShadowClan border. I love hunting with you!

Mottedleaf: *laughs slightly.* Ignore him, we're out of his meds and I have to pick up another bottle tonight... if our new company owner is going to be the one to deliver our late paychecks. *glares carefully at Feathershine.*

Feathershine: *mutters.* Yeah, yeah, I'll get to it...

The door jingles, and in pads a brown-furred tom.

Petalpounce: *grumbles.* Here's your coffee, Feathershine.

Feathershine: *takes it.* Thank you, Petalpounce!

Fireheart: *turns to the tom.* Wow, you are very pretty, Whitewing! 

Petalpounce: *growls and looks at Mottledleaf.* Your stupid grandpa better shut up before I cut off his whiskers and make the rest of him into meat for the pepperoni pizza you're going to order at approximately  11:47 AM.

Mottledleaf: Let's go get the mop out, Fireheart. *carefully leads him away from the angered tom and down the hallway.* 

Feathershine: I have to get back to my work... but you guys better perform well. I'm your new boss.

Welcome to the very first chapter of "A Counseling Catasphore", brought to you by Rio! I hope you enjoyed :) 🌩🌩