Chapter Five

Feathershine is holding a board meeting, with all the employees....the pitifully small number of employees.....gathered around a cardboard box in the basement. She clears her throat to speak and all the cats glance up except for Sandstone, of course, who is redoing her claw polish for the eighteenth time.

Feathershine: As you all know, since I amnotacreepyweirdoandmayormaynotbescaringawaycustomers haven't been counseling due to some unknown reason whichisABSOLUTELYNOTbecauseIthinkallhottomsshouldbemymate;) SANDSTONE PAY ATTENTION *coughs* we're going to have to make....

*cue dramatic music*

Mottledleaf: *rolls eyes and reaches over, switching on a stereo player*

DRAMATIC MUSIC ENSUING THREE TWO ONE

*ba dum tss*

Feathershine: BUDGET CUTS. *sweeps out dramatically* THANK YOU ALL YES YES YEP I'M HERE ALL NIGHT FOLKS

Nettlebounce: *raises paw*

Mottledleaf: she left idiot

Petalpounce: So basically we're going to be paid less for coming here and listening to Feathershine screech over Five Heartbeats of Greenleaf and oogling all the hot toms.

Sandstone: *was actually listening* sounds lit i'm out

Fireheart: Sandstorm my sweet precious *drools* Graystripe where are you? I need to....rescue.... *falls over*

Sandstone: *leaves, also dramatically* *because no one can exit nondramatically here* *it's a spoof what did you expect*

Mottledleaf sighs and drapes Fireheart over her back, dragging him out. Petalpounce and Nettlebounce snicker about something, and call out in unison.

THE TWO LOCAL IDIOTS: HAY MOTTLEDLEAF

Mottledleaf: HAY IS FOR HORSES

THE TWO LOCAL IDIOTS: IT'S NOT

*dramatic (what did you expect, I don't have creativity) pause*

BRING

*more dramatic pause yes thanks*

GRANDPA

*almost typed grandma there whoops*

TO

*getting off track here lol*

WORK

*uh I have nothing to say*

DAYYYYY!!!!!!

Mottledleaf: *moans and leaves (dramatically)*

this comes to a short and hurried end by leopard (:

(dramatically)