Chapter Eight

The bell dinged as a she-cat slipped in, a shy expression on her face. She glanced furtively around, and was about to reach into the bowl of lollipops on the front desk when Petalpounce popped up in front of her.

Petalpounce: Hi! How may I help you? Do you have an appointment? No lollipops until after.

Cat: Um.....I'm Tangledflight, and I have an appointment with Mottledleaf? We're discussing some things about the new....business....that I'm starting and she told me to come here.

Petalpounce: *frowns* Mottledleaf is the janitor. 

Nettlebounce: *dashes in* HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII SISTER! WE HAVE A CASE RED BLUE GOLD FISH IN THE SIDE HEART MIDDLE SMALL BOWL!

Tangledflight: ...

Petalpounce: Really sorry Tangledflight please hold for a minute *leans over and whispers* IS THIS THE NEW CODE THAT FEATHERSHINE INVENTED

Nettlebounce: *whispers back* YES

Petalpounce: CAN YOU TELL ME WHAT HAPPENED IN NORMAL SPEECH SINCE I DIDN'T UNDERSTAND A WORD OF THAT

Tangledflight: *nonchalantly begins strolling away with lollipops in paw*

Nettlebounce: WHAT NO FEATHERSHINE DOESN'T WANT ANYONE TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENED JUST COME WITH ME SISTER DEAR *grabs Petalpounce's paw*

Petalpounce: *promptly bites Nettlebounce's paw* Brother. *follows the overexcited she-cat down a hallway*

Tangledflight slips down a hallway into the dementia patients ward, finding Mottledleaf mopping up some spilled.....unknown substance.

Mottledleaf: TANGLEDFLIGHT! *drops voice* We mustn't wake Grandpa up, he just got to sleep and if I wake him up one more time, we'll have to sedate him.

Tangledflight: K. Now what is this cover job like? I had to get past these two idiots who said that Feathershine had a code blue red gold fish or something.

Mottledleaf: OH MY STARCLAN I HAVE TO GO THAT'S NOT GOOD SORRY TANGLEDFLIGHT YOU CAN COME IF YOU WANT DON'T WAKE UP GRANDPA *sprints off and disappears*

Fireheart: *from inside the ward* wha...wha's happening...RAVENPAW IS THAT YOU

Tangledflight: *confused* 

Mottledleaf dashes around a corner and finds the police dragging a pawcuffed Feathershine into the back of a police cruiser. Nettlebounce and Petalpounce stand by the front desk, mirrored expressions of innocence plastered on their faces.

Mottledleaf: wHAT HAPPENED

Petalpounce: Feathershine's getting arrested.

Nettlebounce: SHE NOTICED IDIOT. *to Mottledleaf* She's getting arrested for ..........something to do with trading rosemary, not sure what that's all about

Feathershine: *muffled* I didn't! It's all their fault-- *breaks off as stuffed into the car*

Mottledleaf: oooooooooooooooh kay.

Police Officer:  She's being held for 20 moons, bail is a lifelong free subscription to her pizza place *gestures at Petalpounce*

Petalpounce: My boss would never agree to that! And I'm a HE!

Police Officer: Not what it says on your birth certificate *sniggers and high-paws other officer*

Nettlebounce: Huh, maybe we should just keep her in jail. I can take over counseling for a while!

Mottledleaf: ........no. Maybe I could. You would have the whole place up in flames within minutes

Petalpounce: *sniffs dramatically* no one's asking me if iiiiiiiii wanted to volunteer and counsel *goes back to the clinic and spends hours binging and sobbing into a pillow*

Mottledleaf: Uh huh. *mentally planning how much of a raise she might get* Let's try to switch out counseling, Nettlebounce. I can do six days a week, and you can do Wednesday.

Nettlebounce: That's harDLY FAIR WHY

Mottledleaf: Because I can actually counsel. *sweeps back inside dramatically to finish trading rosemary with Tangledflight*

Nettlebounce: *grumbles* I knew it was you. *begins eating pizza mournfully*

written by leopard :)