Chapter Six

Feathershine is sitting in her office chair, casually spinning in a circle as she stares at the wall in front of her. With no one needing her counseling, she's exhaustedly bored.

Feathershine: *presses the buzzer on the wall.* Hiya Nettlebounce.

Nettlebounce: *in a dry, tired voice.* Hi Feathershine. Is there anything that you want, or are you just bored again?

Feathershine: Hurtful :c

Nettlebounce: Well, you've called me five times in the last hour, and our conversation has pretty much been the same every time. Are you sure you don't want me to order you anything from the pizzeria? 

Feathershine: Nah, your brother is still mad at me... didn't I tell you that already?

Nettlebounce: *shrugs.* Did you?

Feathershine: Well, I'm going to go for a walk. There's nothing to do around here! *she lets go of the buzzer.*

The she-cat gets up, eyes gleaming as she swaggers out the doorway and down the hallway. Nettlebounce doesn't look up from her computer.

Feathershine: Hiya Mottledleaf. 

Mottledleaf: *glances upward.* Hi... 

Fireheart: *flounces toward Feathershine.* HI BLACKSTAR! Why are you trespassing on my land? Do you want to fight? Get back on your side of the border. Warriors, attack! *he starts slowly pawing the air in front of him.* Press onward, ThunderClan.

Feathershine: ...

Mottledleaf: He would quit this if you actually gave me a paycheck so I could buy his pills! *leans on the top of her mop.*

Feathershine: Well today's not "Bring Your Grandpa To Work Day", is it?

Mottledleaf rolls her eyes and goes back to working.

Feathershine: I wonder if Petalpounce will walk with me. *pushes through the office doors and out into the street.* 

Feathershine narrowly dodges a few cars as she pads up to the pizza place, humming to herself. She enters.

Petalpounce: *bored tone.* Why are you here?

Feathershine: Want to go for a walk? *squints closer at Petalpounce.* Uh, what's that on your nametag..?

Petalpounce: NOT FLOWERS, OKAY?!?!? *angrily tears off his uniform.* NOW LET'S WALK!

Petalpounce's Boss: *from behind the counter.* Uh, you're supposed to be working? *mutters.* That she-cat is crazy.

Petalpounce: *grabs a can of pizza sauce and throws it at his boss.* You won't fire me because I know the trade secret, so I can do what I want!

Petalpounce and Feathershine pad out of the pizza palace and start heading down the sidewalk.

Feathershine: So what's been bothering you lately, Petalpounce?

Petalpounce: *huffs.* I'm not going to let you test therapy methods on me -___- And you know what it is! Everyone thinks I'm a she-cat.

Feathershine: I have a solution... why don't you just become a she-cat?

Petalpounce: ...

Feathershine: *grins.*

Petalpounce: *throws her into the center of the road.*

By an overtired Rio. ⛈