Chapter Nine

Mottledleaf has just opened up, what with Feathershine in jail. A faint bell tinkles as a dilute torbie walks through the door.

Nettlebounce: Hi. Do you have an appointment?

Torbie: Um, yeah. For Mossbreeze?

Mottledleaf: *faintly, through her closed door* For StarClan's sake, Fireheart, you need to calm do- COME THROUGH!

Mossbreeze: *catches herself staring at Nettlebounce for a moment too long* Uh, yeah! Coming!

Mottledleaf: *finishes shoving Fireheart into a closet* Hi, Mossbreeze, have a seat. What's the problem?

Mossbreeze: I...I think my friend might have depression. Or anxiety. *tearing up* But she won't talk to me, and I don't know how to he-

Mottledleaf: It's okay. We can talk this out, I promise. Now-

Fireheart: *bursts out of the closet* SPOTTEDLEAF MY ONE AND ONLY OTHER THAN SANDWHATSIT AND MAYBE GREYSTRIPE, THOU HAST GRACED US WITH YOUR PRESENCE-

Mottledleaf: You. Back in the closet.

Fireheart: But I came out of the closet seasons ago!

Mottledleaf: ...that's the one coherent sentence you manage to form? A punback?

Mossbreeze: Um......

Nettlebounce: *hears the ruckus and bursts inside* Mottledleaf, again? For the last time, it is not bring your grandparents to work day. You can't counsel people if he starts constantly going insane on you!

Mottledleaf: But I actually know how to-

Nettlebounce: I've been putting up with this for three days. Petalpounce is outside being hit on by a group of toms, you have like, three more people in line, and I'm trying to explain why Mossbreeze's session so far has consisted of a mangy tom screaming Shakespearean language at her!

Mossbreeze: *thinking* oh StarClan she's cute and she delivers sick burns I'm so gone

Mottledleaf: I know. Sorry. Nettlebounce, you move Fireheart somewhere else so that I can talk to Moss-

Petalbounce: *bursts through the door, a tom literally clinging to him* Guys can we please get Feathershine back I know she can't counsel but at least she made this chaos work somehow.

Fireheart: FEATHERTAIL WAS KILLED BY A-

Nettlebounce: Feathershine, mousebrain.

Mottledleaf: IlovemygrandfatherIlovemygrandfatherIlovemygrandfatherIdontwanttokillmygrandfatherIlovemygrandfather-

Mossbreeze: Um...I'm gonna just...go... *makes for the door*

Mottledleaf: Wait! About your friend - ask them if they're okay, and listen carefully to them rather than crowding them! Encourage them to seek help from someone who knows what they're doing! And take care of yourself!

Mossbreeze: *kind of freaked out by the lack of order in this place* kthanksbye

Nettlebounce: *stares after her for a moment too long*

Chapter by Leafyyy