Memory 006: Land of Rot

Brandon and Alexia walked on through the fog.

Suddenly, they stepped out of the cloud and found a place that made them wish that they could go back to the eerie fog.

A darkened wasteland lay ahead of them, the stench of rotting flesh and death making everything nauseating. Holding back their lunch, they continued on, a strange squishing underneath their feet making them want to lose the thing they were trying not to lose.

Black masquerade masks and shreds of black cloth were scattered all around, as well as a few traces of white.

"What happened here?" Alexia wondered out loud. The squelches underfoot gave no answer.

They headed toward a dark building in the distance, wishing the ground would stop being so... Disgusting.

After what felt like an hour of walking, they finally made it to the front gates of the building that towered above the duo.

"This is it," Brandon breathed. Alexia simply nodded in agreement.

Suddenly, they heard squishing sounds of footsteps behind them. They whirled around, getting ready to fight, when they saw someone they thought they'd never see again.

"W-William!?"

-----------------------------------------------------------
Author's Note:

Hello!😁 Sorry this was so short! I wanted to make this a bit longer, but if I did, it would end up being too long! Anyways, Muahahahaha! William is back! Or is he?...

Well, see if I'm lying about William in the next chapter! Hope you enjoy reading this books as much as I enjoyed writing it!😊
-Vanguard16😋