Memory 009: The First Trial

Behind the black door, a large gym-sized room was decorated in all black except for a few silver-gray words: To pass to the next room, you must complete a challenge from that room. Fail one challenge, and you lose something precious. Lose twice and another precious thing is taken. Lose three times and you lose something worse than lives.

They all shivered. This gave Brandon and the rest a very ominous feeling.

"Well," Alexia said awkwardly, "let's do this, I guess."

The rest nodded in agreement.

Suddenly, the wording on the wall said more.

All of these trials will not require any form of fighting. You must fulfill these trials by answering in an ideal way. Also, only one person may answer each time, and no one person is left out in answering.

The words changed again.

Trial 1: You are the protagonist in a fantasy world where you can see into the future. Your friends are all kidnapped by the enemy and your most precious family member went over to a friend's for a while. You then get a vision that on your family's way home, they will get hit by a car when walking across the street at the same time as your enemy killing all your friends at the same time. What do you do?

Brandon, Alexia, and William had to think about it.

Jason already had an answer.

"What to do? Easy. I would take my family member with me to go and save my friends, kick the bad guy's butt, and save my friends, taking us all safely home."

It was silent for a moment.

Then, the writing changed again.

You may all pass

They all cheered.

'Maybe this guy isn't such a bad person,' Brandon thought.

What the second-in-command didn't know was that Jason was sneaking a peak at him through the corner of his eye as they walked through the door leading to the next room, as well as the next trial.